Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 200 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #2986
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

The 75 is nice. I may sell mine and go back to it. Hey, you know about this stuff...what do you suggest for headlight bulbs that aren't hid? Hir? Let me know bc I'm ordering tonite

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #2987
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
The 75 is nice. I may sell mine and go back to it. Hey, you know about this stuff...what do you suggest for headlight bulbs that aren't hid? Hir? Let me know bc I'm ordering tonite
Michaels probably less biased on this because I really dont like anything 4600k+ but if I were to do mine I'd say get a set of silverstars but more importantly get an auxilary headlight harness because the factory one is pretty thin gauge and you lose a decent bit of output in voltage drop across the long thin lengths of wire to the headlights alone. Also any bit of haze on the factory headlights (they all do it eventually) will reduce your output.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #2988
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
I wish I had an 04 cubby like yours... if you're not afraid to do some plastic trimming it looks soooo clean

also take a look at the Cobra 75 WX ST if you dont wanna mount a CB anywhere out in the open
I like my cute little cubby hole? Hahaha. Ill check that out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ
The new slyvania silver stars XZE or something like that, are brighter the the slyvania ultras. my buddy got 3 sets and like then so far.

Quote:

Michaels probably less biased on this because I really dont like anything 4600k+ but if I were to do mine I'd say get a set of silverstars but more importantly get an auxilary headlight harness because the factory one is pretty thin gauge and you lose a decent bit of output in voltage drop across the long thin lengths of wire to the headlights alone. Also any bit of haze on the factory headlights (they all do it eventually) will reduce your output.
Matt, it was a foggy night tonight... I may be changing my fogs to a lower color temp. I have 4500 or 5000 and I may want to go to 4300, I don't want yellow. Maybe 4000k.

Didn't think about how small the wires are for the headlights, they are kinda thin imho too.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #2989
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Final product
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #2990
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Weekend Plans for the Jeep:
1. Take of the tire size calibration I put on with the super chips. I think that is what is throwing it off. I had adjusted it for the smaller tires on the Overland Rims. Going to put it to stock and see what happens.
2. Going to adjust the transmission cable at the throttle body and see how that goes.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #2991
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think I finally got mine "almost" perfect, going to loosen it one click because it shifts nice and firm except when its cold its holding first too long. Definitely drives great now. PM me or txt me if you're having problems, I can probably furnish pics if necessary

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #2992
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I think I finally got mine "almost" perfect, going to loosen it one click because it shifts nice and firm except when its cold its holding first too long. Definitely drives great now. PM me or txt me if you're having problems, I can probably furnish pics if necessary
I am going to start but just going one click at a time and seeing what happens. I only currently have 2 complaints with the trans. The 1 to 2 lag when on it pretty hard and then when im in 3rd, and on it pretty good, then press it to the floor, it slams hard into 2nd gear. Like major clutch dump. It only does this when already going hard in 3rd gear. If I was cruising in 4th or 4th locked maintaining speed and floored it, it would kick to 2nd w/o a problem.... if you don't get what I mean. Let me know and ill explain more.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #2993
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Absolutely make completely sure that after each time you adjust it the clip goes back on and locks into place, if that comes off and your cable goes slack itll throw the tranny into full soft shift mode and you can imagine how much itd love that

Matt
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #2994
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Absolutely make completely sure that after each time you adjust it the clip goes back on and locks into place, if that comes off and your cable goes slack itll throw the tranny into full soft shift mode and you can imagine how much itd love that
Alright man, I will take a look at the FSM again and follow those instructions. Oh, you mean full SH*T shift mode

I think ill have to video the 3rd to 2nd kickdown that I was describing.

Also, I was going to class last night, and turning out of campus, there is a decent hill. So I was on her good all the way too 70 mph. But once the rpms got to about high 2000's, I felt the Jeep starting to take off. Wooo power band.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #2995
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I think I posted this before. Here is a video of the RPM's at Idle and you can see that the gauges are more sensitive to the RPM Fluctuation. My other set did not do this. I think I will like it eventually haha.

Here is another video of the RPM's at Idle when I am clicking the A/C on and then off.

Those videos were both shot in Park. It will idle a little lower when in Driver =/ Which I do NOT like... I wish it would idle at 700-750 all the time.

I took my superchips programmer and set the tire size back to stock and fixed the speedo. It is now pretty much dead on!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #2996
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well the 42res don't have variable torque converters so no matter what you're going to get an idle dip in gear as it works against the transmission. This is also why the idle is low, so it doesnt fight the tranny too hard and overheat the fluid. My buddy's WK with the 5.7 has a full variable torque converter and it's great, no idle fluctuations at all between gears. Sounds to me like somebody's been driving moms BMW too much and it's spoiling your standards :P

Matt
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2997
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Well the 42res don't have variable torque converters so no matter what you're going to get an idle dip in gear as it works against the transmission. This is also why the idle is low, so it doesnt fight the tranny too hard and overheat the fluid. My buddy's WK with the 5.7 has a full variable torque converter and it's great, no idle fluctuations at all between gears. Sounds to me like somebody's been driving moms BMW too much and it's spoiling your standards :P
Yeah I figured it was putting pressure on the engine when it drive compared to park/neutral. Also a sound point on why the keep the RPM's lower then. Another reason for the POS 42re.

My gosh, Everything I drive is faster then my poor WJ. The Rubicon is even faster flat out. The BMW is awesome, the Mercedes is just super comfy, and the Land Rover is a monster with a lot of power.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #2998
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll just leave this here:

Matt
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #2999
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Matt, that is 4wheeler14, and I have watched all of his videos numerous times... I am jealous.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #3000
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Matt, that is 4wheeler14, and I have watched all of his videos numerous times... I am jealous.
Oh trust me I've PMd the kid and hes somewhere on JF too I'm mad jelly. I think hes got a cutout on his 4.7HO which id definitely have to throw in when i get one :P Ps... Woot 3k post in a build thread

Matt

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.