Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 259 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #3871
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

And yes... I do miss my projectors + HIDs. My previous three daily drivers were an 01 Audi S4, an 06 Mini Cooper S, and an 01 BMW 540i... all were projector + auto adjusting headlight + HID. Of course I hardly ever drive at night now. Heck I hardly even drive, 5000 miles in 10 months I deserve a kick in the junk for that.

billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #3872
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yes, as long as they are done correctly. No HIDs in reflector housings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Did I get enough exclamation points?

Also I think even 8000k is pushing the limit for what is actually tolerable. 4100-6000k is great. I had a coworker who had an 07 WK that threw 12000k bulbs in the stock housings. It was F-ing purple. I was chastising him for purple headlights and he was like "oh yeah I can't see ****. But it's totally worth it because they look cool!". That was the last time we talked Jeeps.
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #3873
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
And yes... I do miss my projectors + HIDs. My previous three daily drivers were an 01 Audi S4, an 06 Mini Cooper S, and an 01 BMW 540i... all were projector + auto adjusting headlight + HID. Of course I hardly ever drive at night now. Heck I hardly even drive, 5000 miles in 10 months I deserve a kick in the junk for that.
Ahh yes I, the true HID's (not that mine aren't) but, the true(r) quality of coming factory. After having my HID, being so dang bright, i do not know how i could ever go back to not having them! Auto leveling etc. Im so jealous every time the land rover starts up, the projects go left, right, up and down and then auto level, it looks so cool. The land rover also has the high beam hid's so I believe they are called the Bi-Xenon. Then also turn with the steering wheel. Very cool, also with no warm up time. With mine I still get great light output, but manual adjustment (which is a pain) and lacking of quality for the housings...

How have you not driven that much? I can almost put on 1000 miles a month!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #3874
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yes, as long as they are done correctly. No HIDs in reflector housings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Did I get enough exclamation points?

Also I think even 8000k is pushing the limit for what is actually tolerable. 4100-6000k is great. I had a coworker who had an 07 WK that threw 12000k bulbs in the stock housings. It was F-ing purple. I was chastising him for purple headlights and he was like "oh yeah I can't see ****. But it's totally worth it because they look cool!". That was the last time we talked Jeeps.
Exactly why I tolerate my aftermarket projector housings. They give me a clean cut off line and thats all i need. Id love to do a retro fit one day. But that is some cash and work. Haha, what an idiot. (No offense)

I completely agree with your view on the color temperatures. The thing about my lights is that they are the 55w ballasts which bleed out the color some more. So my 55w 6000k are comparable to 35w 5000k color temperature.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #3875
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I think what I would really like the best is to do an HID retrofit into my housings. Pick some OEM headlights, hack em up and mount in position of the low beam. I'm losing my fab skills as I lose faculty with my hands, I'd have to cajole my best friend into making them for me, he's got "mad skillz" as a fabricator.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #3876
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Haha, what an idiot. (No offense)
None taken. He was really an idiot.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #3877
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I think what I would really like the best is to do an HID retrofit into my housings. Pick some OEM headlights, hack em up and mount in position of the low beam. I'm losing my fab skills as I lose faculty with my hands, I'd have to cajole my best friend into making them for me, he's got "mad skillz" as a fabricator.
That'd be very very cool to do. I've seen someone around here do it and post tons of pictures. Looked very good actually. Just finding the projectors and getting them to fit in there. Cutting, gluing, etc. Maybe if I ever get around to doing it, ill make a few sets. Im sure more then a few people would be interested.

Quote:

None taken. He was really an idiot.
Alright, wanted to make sure. Guess ya run into them everywhere. Sometimes the posts on here, im not sure if they are stupid or serious. I mean I was once a noob on here and asked simple questions. But sometimes, what comes out onto a keyboard then on my screen is just.... dumb. Mostly ignorance is what gets me!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #3878
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

You're young, you're learning. I haven't seen any real bonehead moves out of you. Yet.

The more I eyeball all the housings on ebay, the more I like the ones like you have. I think they're the most tolerable of the bunch. Where to prioritize... but the good news is I'm going back to work! I'm quite excited, can't sleep excited. Plus the cramp in my back from pressure washing today... ugh.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #3879
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
You're young, you're learning. I haven't seen any real bonehead moves out of you. Yet.

The more I eyeball all the housings on ebay, the more I like the ones like you have. I think they're the most tolerable of the bunch. Where to prioritize... but the good news is I'm going back to work! I'm quite excited, can't sleep excited. Plus the cramp in my back from pressure washing today... ugh.
I like how you didn't put "yet" in like size 1,000,000 font! Thanks! I've read back to some of my older posts, I now ask myself why I even asked those questions. But hey, didn't know.

That's what I was going for when I was shopping for them, which do I hate the least. Well, it was not that bad, I was excited for a change and to put some halos on it. I though it was the s*** at the time. Until the crappy halos broke. (They were the led's not that great/bright) anyways, so I just pulled the fuse for them. I can't complain about them. They work. I've had to add extra thin rubber washers on a few bulb sockets, other then that and a headlight protector treatment, that has been all.

I did read that, that is some great news! Id be excited to, I need to start making money again this summer to pay bill and feed my jeep addiction (and gas) Its 3:15 am over on the east coast, should be asleep! "Should"

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #3880
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Hope you all will get a kick out of this. My roommate was having some fun

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #3881
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Bwaaaahahahahaah
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #3882
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

hahah seen it on FB
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #3883
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Glad you all got a laugh out of that!

On another Jeep related note. I called two Jeep Dealerships... and you are not going to believe this (Well, you all probably can but) here is the break down for the brakes

Rotors = 122.74 per rotor
Pads 1 set = 79.59
Labor = 148.xx

total was around 458.xx. Psshhhh, yeah like I would ever take it to a dealer for that much!!! So it looks like I will have NO problem getting the Stillen Rotors/Pads! :P (which were about 250 shipped)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #3884
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

That still stings a bit. Even my BMW 540i brake job wasn't that expensive using Porterfield pads and Zimmerman rotors. I've got my pending brake job priced out at $144, just need to get the paychecks a-flowin.

Of course, I didn't get what all them thar fancy holey rotors what with the drillin and the slottin and them newfangled whatchamacallits.
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #3885
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I figured since I will be towing regularly this summer (another reason for the aux transmission cooler) so the extra stopper power and bite couldn't hurt. I could go with what Matt did and do Napa Gold rotors/pads for about 200 IIRC. I've wanted the stillens for awhile, I told Kolak a little over a year ago I'd be back to order them. I was going to buy them but didn't need them at that time.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.