Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 211 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #3151
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How do you figure that? Stock specs are 190/210? Don't think the superchips could add more than 10hp. You're right too most of my hatred is in the 42re and I disguise it by blaming the other components. My 4.0 itself has been nothing but a pleasure as far as maintenance goes. Seems to be loving the Rotella oil. It doesn't sound like a diesel anymore on start up now that I've finally fed it turbo diesel oil... Go figure, Jeep has an attitude

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3152
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
How do you figure that? Stock specs are 190/210? Don't think the superchips could add more than 10hp
Stock is 195 hp and 230 ft pounds at its peak.

Superchips adds 25 hp and 25-28 torque
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #3153
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Stock is 195 hp and 230 ft pounds at its peak.

Superchips adds 25 hp and 25-28 torque
Jeeeeeezusssss I gotta get me one of them. Ever figure that's why ur mileage is suffering lol? If my WJ can hold OD on the highway with 33s I promise I'll shut my mouth about it lol. I'm thinking shift kit this summer cus it's cheap

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #3154
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Jeeeeeezusssss I gotta get me one of them. Ever figure that's why ur mileage is suffering lol? If my WJ can hold OD on the highway with 33s I promise I'll shut my mouth about it lol. I'm thinking shift kit this summer cus it's cheap
Then when I add a K&N CAI and then a new exhaust that will really make the superchips come out and play. Superchips also refines the transmission. So they say. Haha

Mpg is probably my driving more or less, because its either heavy stop and floor city or really moving the brick fast on the highway. I don't ever get to cruise at 55 or 60 on flat ground haha. (Which I can get 24 mpg out of that)
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #3155
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

There are double cardon drive shafts at a local yard for 75 bucks. I want to get one. Cause I know I am going to blow out my rzeppa joint when I put the springs on. Probably could find a yoke there too.

Was reading the WJ F&Q's and it said that the rear shock bolts need to be torqued to 85 ft-lbs... So I need to go redo those. I am getting some clunking in the rear again. Tightening the shock bolts fixed it, but I guess I did not get them tight enough the first time.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #3156
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I put upwards of 100ft lbs on em... Don't think they were the culprit though. Are you running BPEs in the front? I found out my noise was actually coming from the front. Go figure huh

Matt
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #3157
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I put upwards of 100ft lbs on em... Don't think they were the culprit though. Are you running BPEs in the front? I found out my noise was actually coming from the front. Go figure huh
Holy **** that is alot of torque. I think I am going to run them with some washers in the rear to help compress the bushings. What size are the bolts?

I am not running BPE's. Also im 90% sure I have clucks in the rear and in the front. But the rear is more noticeable and more frequent.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #3158
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Holy **** that is alot of torque. I think I am going to run them with some washers in the rear to help compress the bushings. What size are the bolts?

I am not running BPE's. Also im 90% sure I have clucks in the rear and in the front. But the rear is more noticeable and more frequent.
Yeah I don't like loose components. Never will thou find a loose component on my front end it's the little things that prevent DW. I still feel like its looming on the horizon hence why I'm upgrading a bunch of stuff and doing all the ball joints this summer. I oughta look at getting a torque wrench eventually. I'm on a campus bus right now that's DW'ing and it sucks

I have no clue what size the rear bolts are I just remember they take a 15mm socket.

I thought my clunks were completely from the rear till I rocked the jeep from outside and then realized they were coming from the front have a buddy rock the jeep by the roof rails while you walk around looking for the noise/play.

Matt
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #3159
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Yeah I don't like loose components. Never will thou find a loose component on my front end it's the little things that prevent DW. I still feel like its looming on the horizon hence why I'm upgrading a bunch of stuff and doing all the ball joints this summer. I oughta look at getting a torque wrench eventually. I'm on a campus bus right now that's DW'ing and it sucks

I have no clue what size the rear bolts are I just remember they take a 15mm socket.

I thought my clunks were completely from the rear till I rocked the jeep from outside and then realized they were coming from the front have a buddy rock the jeep by the roof rails while you walk around looking for the noise/play.
Nope they are never good when things are loose. I have my front end looked at frequently and it is all in good shape. For now at least. Haha, DW bus, sounds like a blast.

Hmmm. Ill Google around.

I think my rear may be the shocks for sure, but also the a -arm or just the shocks. Don't know yet. Hoping its just the shocks. Roof rails are not a good place to rock the jeep on. I've ripped one out before (well dad did) and we had to like silicone or expoxy the bolt back in there. They are lose enough as it is.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #3160
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Guess they had budget cuts in the later years haha mine feel like they're "bolted to the frame" lol

Matt
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #3161
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Guess they had budget cuts in the later years haha mine feel like they're "bolted to the frame" lol
Stupid roof rails. Your rails don't move at all when you put pressure on them?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #3162
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yay!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #3163
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Yay!

do you really like the mud flaps?
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #3164
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94

do you really like the mud flaps?
Everyone be hating on the mud flaps! Haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #3165
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

thats the dirtiest i've ever seen your WJ...haha. looks like someone had a blast ah!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.