Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 203 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #3031
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amremt408 View Post
in those pictures it almost looks like one color. i had to do a double take. looks good you should put a side by side with yours as is.
Added some pics of mine to the above post. The paint looks different mine now that I have posted it. I wonder if my Midnight Blue Pearl was only 2004 model....

Additional Info: Consulted WJJEEEP.COM, 2004 was the only year for midnight blue pearl

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #3032
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I say stick with the trim you have now and just keep it conditioned and in good shape. Seems to look like yours is deeper and not faded as much as everybody else's. Black would be nice but I think over time it's going to fade out on you. Also every last bit of dirt will show up on it and road rash is going to stand out big time

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #3033
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

seeing yours side by side, i'm inclined to agree. your cladding looks to be very dark and in great shape. keep up the good work on that, maybe paint it in like 5 years if yours ever fades. i like your grill and rims bette too

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #3034
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I say stick with the trim you have now and just keep it conditioned and in good shape. Seems to look like yours is deeper and not faded as much as everybody else's. Black would be nice but I think over time it's going to fade out on you. Also every last bit of dirt will show up on it and road rash is going to stand out big time
I do keep it "oiled" with McGuire's trim detailer, lasts about a month or two before you start to notice it will go away and become less "dark". I must admit that they are definitely in better shape then others. I'll just keep up on the trim detailer

Quote:
seeing yours side by side, i'm inclined to agree. your cladding looks to be very dark and in great shape. keep up the good work on that, maybe paint it in like 5 years if yours ever fades. i like your grill and rims bette too
Thanks man! Which set of rims? And I will take your Overland Grille. Better yet, we can just trade WJ's
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #3035
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

honestly I like the 04 laredo grills over the limited+overland, the brushed alluminum accents are so much sleeker than chrome. Get the color matched bumpers.... yeurghhhh

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #3036
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

i like the rogue chrome rims... maybe i'm partial because i have them as well, but i think that these are my favorite stock jeep wheels. prior to that it was the ones on the 5.9, wish they were 17" though. and i have been wondering what the style grille you have would look like on my jeep, too bad it's not my color. i know a lot of people aren't a huge fan of all the chrome on the overlands... but i'm kinda diggin it at the moment.

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #3037
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
honestly I like the 04 laredo grills over the limited+overland, the brushed alluminum accents are so much sleeker than chrome. Get the color matched bumpers.... yeurghhhh
04 Laredo Grilles better then all those Laredo chrome grilles for sure.

I could get the bumpers front and rear that are primed for like 350 haha.

Also, my avatar pic looks like my bumpers match if you look at it quick. Also because I painted in that silver strip that the 04 limiteds/overlands have

Quote:
i like the rogue chrome rims... maybe i'm partial because i have them as well, but i think that these are my favorite stock jeep wheels. prior to that it was the ones on the 5.9, wish they were 17" though. and i have been wondering what the style grille you have would look like on my jeep, too bad it's not my color. i know a lot of people aren't a huge fan of all the chrome on the overlands... but i'm kinda diggin it at the moment.
When you have the chrome rims, chrome accents, the chrome grille on the overland fits well and I like it.

The Rouge Chrome rims are my favorite 17 inch rims for the WJ.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #3038
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Have two questions for you all. Amazing what you think of in the shower.... ha
  1. On the highway doing 70+ with cruise control on, a big hill is coming up, instead of having cruise mash the petal to the floor and down downshift out of overdrive... Should I: take it off cruise and floor it so it kicksdown, OR hit the little O/D Off button on the shifter and keep cruise control on?
  2. Does the Jeep learn you or do you learn the Jeep? What I mean by this is does the Jeep learn your driving style, as in shift points or stuff like that, or is it the other way around and you are learning where the Jeep shifts etc., and you just know how it acts. I know the 42re is crap but it is still partly electronic...

Thanks!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #3039
joze

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Have two questions for you all. Amazing what you think of in the shower.... ha
  1. On the highway doing 70+ with cruise control on, a big hill is coming up, instead of having cruise mash the petal to the floor and down downshift out of overdrive... Should I: take it off cruise and floor it so it kicksdown, OR hit the little O/D Off button on the shifter and keep cruise control on?
  2. Does the Jeep learn you or do you learn the Jeep? What I mean by this is does the Jeep learn your driving style, as in shift points or stuff like that, or is it the other way around and you are learning where the Jeep shifts etc., and you just know how it acts. I know the 42re is crap but it is still partly electronic...

Thanks!
ad 1: I usually cancel cruise control and keep my foot on the throttle. Somehow I manage to keep it in OD (I hate it when it shifts out of OD and revs up just to keep speed). I guess you should do the same, but just floor it or hit O/D off button as you suggested.

ad 2: I guess it works both ways. I know the tranny adapts shift points to your driving style.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-non-build-fix-when-gets-broken-thread-1240817/"]My non-build thread[/URL]| [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/black-jeep-society/"]Black Jeep Society member[/URL]
[QUOTE=Ljohn221;12072741]You can't start a new civilization without jeeps[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dukie564;11573618]
[B]Epic boobs saving threads since 1978[/B][/QUOTE]
joze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #3040
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Actually wheeled the My Jeep today! Did pretty darn well! Posting pics soon!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #3041
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Time to ditch the mud flaps . I usually wear mine in the winter but left em at home this time, jeep gets dirtier which sucks when you're at college and don't have a hose but don't wanna hang them up on something.

Matt
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #3042
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Time to ditch the mud flaps . I usually wear mine in the winter but left em at home this time, jeep gets dirtier which sucks when you're at college and don't have a hose but don't wanna hang them up on something.
Hahaha, they did scrape over a few things but it was not too bad. The Jeep still did get pretty dirty, was splashing some puddles! Some of the terrain was bumpy and I did my best to go slow. They other guys had wranglers and were just tearing it up!

I am going to try and find a place that has those wands that you can spray it down with. The underneath is pretty covered. The mechanical fan got hit and sprayed some of the engine bay. *hit with water from the puddle

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #3043
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yeah you have a mech fan... Damn you factory tow package! Conversely I probably have like 2hp more than you because of it :P. I'm jelly my roommate has been off on coop and our offroading club is falling apart (I'm planning to bring it back) so any wheeling I've done lately is light, on my own, and I don't have many pics.

Matt
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #3044
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Oh yeah you have a mech fan... Damn you factory tow package! Conversely I probably have like 2hp more than you because of it :P. I'm jelly my roommate has been off on coop and our offroading club is falling apart (I'm planning to bring it back) so any wheeling I've done lately is light, on my own, and I don't have many pics.
Hehehehehe, I win! I think the superchips makes up for it! I had it in part time and just had it in 1st gear so it was not going all around between 1-2

That sucks about the club falling apart man, they are trying to like expand are club too.

There now you all have pictures of it dirty! Going to get it cleaned tomorrow!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #3045
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

lol I think my Jeeps dirtier than that right now. Your hood dirt still looks better than most peoples' clean. I'm about due for a wash but I wont wash right before a snow storm. I use those self serve bays, the touchless just doesnt do a good job and the touch ones scrape up your paint so I go to the self serve bay, find the one with the cleanest brush, make sure its uber clean (spray it for a bit with the pressure hose) then go at it. Then I pull it out of the bay and shammy it right on spot and wax

Matt

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.