Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 187 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #2791
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

MA is vlt35 all around without a permit and only the first 6" or so of the windshield but anything factory (factory wj is like 20 something) is fine and if you can make a nice sob story at the DMV and get a doctors note about skin conditions you can get a permit for up to almost complete blackout

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #2792
Dusk53
2000 WJ 

Nothing like a nice window strip, no need to tint the entire windshield.

East Carolina University
Dusk53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #2793
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

From a functionality standpoint that's actually pretty awesome, the contrast with the regular no tint of the windshield though would bother me beyond belief cosmetically.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #2794
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

i had 35% on the windshield on my integra and prelude, regret it at night, cant see *****. 50% is where its at, in the day time it makes a huge difference, and cops cant really notice since its more of a glare than anything.

btw, the goPro file takes FOREVER to load to photobucket...
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #2795
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

here you go:
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2796
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
i had 35% on the windshield on my integra and prelude, regret it at night, cant see *****. 50% is where its at, in the day time it makes a huge difference, and cops cant really notice since its more of a glare than anything.

i can see perfectly fine at night since i have 8000k hids ...when i got it tinted the tint guy didnt want me to pick up my jeep at night because you have to get used to it but i told him i gotta get to work in the morning and what not and he let me pick it up ...when i got there he didnt know i had hids and when i turn on my headlights he was like damn i cant even tell its tinted ... ...i have 20% on my drivers and pass. and its a perfect combo with the windshield not too dark or too light ...i really like the windshield tint because i dont have to wear sunglasses while driving or use my visers plus a really dark drop is just annoying to me..my brother had a 5% drop on his old f150 and it just messed with my eyes ..but everyone has there different viewpoints about it

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #2797
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk53 View Post
Nothing like a nice window strip, no need to tint the entire windshield.

That strip is really cool. That is really functional actually. Not a bad idea at all, I like it! However... below
Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
From a functionality standpoint that's actually pretty awesome, the contrast with the regular no tint of the windshield though would bother me beyond belief cosmetically.
I have to agree with Comp... The contrast would bother me when driving. That dark to light doesn't really flow. I say this because I am really picky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post

Yeah 35 would be way to dark for the front IMHO. 50 would be pretty good on the windshield and def cut the glare from the sun out. I think I would still manage to get a ticket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
i can see perfectly fine at night since i have 8000k hids ...when i got it tinted the tint guy didnt want me to pick up my jeep at night because you have to get used to it but i told him i gotta get to work in the morning and what not and he let me pick it up ...when i got there he didnt know i had hids and when i turn on my headlights he was like damn i cant even tell its tinted ... ...i have 20% on my drivers and pass. and its a perfect combo with the windshield not too dark or too light ...i really like the windshield tint because i dont have to wear sunglasses while driving or use my visers plus a really dark drop is just annoying to me..my brother had a 5% drop on his old f150 and it just messed with my eyes ..but everyone has there different viewpoints about it
I just ordered some more HID for the fog lights... Should be even brighter when adding them to my HID lows!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #2798
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4200-4800 is generally the sweet spot for HIDs as far as light output and usability. 5000k is a nice crisp tone with some blue hue, 6000 is still good but with that, hey I've got a range rover or something like that look to it, No offense to those who like it but runnin 8000k the lumen output is pretty close to a properly wired conventional halogen bulb (which Jeeps arent properly wired from the factory btw)... and its that iceberg blue color which is kinda distracting. Even worse are those idiots in those lowered riceboxes so proud of their 12k HIDs thinking its so much brighter than factory. Anyone with the higher kelvin HID setups will tell you that when the rain shows up the headlights get a lot worse...

Matt
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #2799
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
4200-4800 is generally the sweet spot for HIDs as far as light output and usability. 5000k is a nice crisp tone with some blue hue, 6000 is still good but with that, hey I've got a range rover or something like that look to it, No offense to those who like it but runnin 8000k the lumen output is pretty close to a properly wired conventional halogen bulb (which Jeeps arent properly wired from the factory btw)... and its that iceberg blue color which is kinda distracting. Even worse are those idiots in those lowered riceboxes so proud of their 12k HIDs thinking its so much brighter than factory. Anyone with the higher kelvin HID setups will tell you that when the rain shows up the headlights get a lot worse...
6000K compared to 35w and 55w what are different in color!!! I think I have showed you this before. I have the 6000K 55's and I have almost no blue. They are just super white. Then also put out a crazy amount of light!

I agree with that sweet spot too. That is why I went with 5000K 35w, because if I went with 6000K in 35w they would be blue(er) then my low beams. In retrospect now I should have gone 4500K fog lights but I can easily order another set of bulbs...

Oh yeah I can agree to that, when it rains, the light output sucks... I need to get a 3rd set of driving lights that are around 3800-4000k. And don't even get me started about the idiots who think they are getting super bright lights when there lights are purple and my shine about 4 times as far as their's!
hid-bulb-color-guide.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #2800
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Running the superchips again. Im happy

Apparently im getting better gas mileage by about 2 or 3 mpg. Better pick up. Transmission is shifting a bit smoother (for the 42re) haha

Running the 87 tune with the 29 inch tire size calibrated.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #2801
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Window Tint pic

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #2802
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Roiiiight yeah 55w HIDs are a different animal my comparisons are when you're dealing with the 35ers

Matt
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #2803
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Roiiiight yeah 55w HIDs are a different animal my comparisons are when you're dealing with the 35ers
Oh yeah they are! The 55w that I have are just freaking awesome.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #2804
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

gotta go darker, haha nah looks good!
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #2805
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
gotta go darker, haha nah looks good!
Hahahaha. Id be asking for so much trouble if I went darker.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.