Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 314 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 07-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #4696
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

If the bolt was moving around that'd mean the hole was loose? Because the bolt looks nice and tight.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #4697
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

JKS Track Bar Videos

Okay Guys. Here we go. Tell me what you all think. Give the videos some more time to process if they do not load. They are also shot in 1080 for extra viewing pleasure.

Frame Side First.

Axle Side.

Found a video of Kevin's WJ with his bushings (and what looks like the upgraded bolts)

Some good news is that is that I DID NOT see any indication on the bolts moving around.

I also lowered the front tire pressure from 34 to 32 PSI.

Edit: I got an appointment for an alignment "check" that includes a printout of the specs. Which ill post. Then I am getting all 4 tires re-balanced for 40 bucks.

WOW Kevin Sucks on shipping...
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #4698
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Looks like your bolts are good. That's quite a bit of movement on the frame side bushing though...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #4699
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Sigghhhh of relief on the bolts. Now I thought that as well with the frame side. Think I should just go ahead and get the KOR Bushings?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #4700
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

It wouldn't hurt... If the rest of the steering is in good shape and you have a shimmy, that bushing might be causing it.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #4701
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have also been emailing the JKS tech and I've also sent them the videos that I posted and am waiting to here what they say as well.

Did I make it clear that the shimmy/little death wobble feeling at 50 Ish is constant? Not just when I hit a bump?

I'm getting an alignment check and tires re-balanced and see what that does too. That amount of moment is just too much. So I guess ill anti up and get the bushings.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #4702
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hmmm. Since it's constant, I'm thinking that's an alignment/balance issue. I'd wait to order the bushings until after you can test out the new changes.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #4703
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Okay will do, I have an time slot at 2 pm to get tires balanced and the alignment check. So I will see what that does. I will also post the alignment specs when I get them. Compcrasher86 also said the same thing because it was a constant thing. Even a tire out of balance can make it feel like it is going to DW?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #4704
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

It'll make the steering wheel/vehicle vibrate...

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #4705
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah, its doing that. So hopefully we can get some resolution today.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #4706
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

At Merchants Tire now, they are putting the rear tires on the front, balancing all 4 tires and checking out the alignment. While I am currently waiting JKS responded back to me via email after they looked at the videos.

Here is what they said.

"Michael,

The amount your bushings are flexing is completely normal and acceptable for you trackbar. I have actually owned a WJ for a while and had a small vibration similar to the one you’re describing.

What I had found is that the tires were balanced improperly. The WJ uses the lugnuts to center the tire/wheel on the hub. Most tire and wheel shops you a hubcentric balancing machine (balances off of wheel hub). This throws off the wheel balance and caused me to have a shutter when cornering at higher speeds. I was able to find a ship to do a road force balance (blance off of the lugnut holes). And that cured my issue.

Not saying that is your problem, just know it was for me. I can tell you that your bushings are performing as intended.

JKS"

I was very happy with JKS tech support. They have been very helpful and supportive.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #4707
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Good to hear, keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #4708
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Will do man. I may try to just put some more torque on the frame side bolt if need be.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #4709
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Will do man. I may try to just put some more torque on the frame side bolt if need be.
I doubt that'll do much good

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #4710
Dusk53
2000 WJ 

Thats what I had to do. I had some movement, just cranked down the bolt a bit more and it took some of the slop out, however its not 100% gone.

East Carolina University
Dusk53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.