Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 236 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #3526
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

raising my hand here... I've clay barred my Jeep a couple times. Helps her retain resale value and tells other people I take care of the things that mean the most to me, thats how I look at it.

For the IRO catback... at a price of $160+shipping... ehh. I could do a V8 tail pipe for $15 from my local JY and then grab a Borla muffler for $200ish... because Borla is the only company that can make a 4.0 actually sound good and not like a farting horse. I wont do the CAI though that whooshing sound is cheesy

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #3527
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

"Yeahhh I am going to have to ask you not hate on clay bar-ing" - Office Space. :P

If I could the tail pipe for 15 from a JY I would be all over that! Borla > the Flowmaster 50

Edit to your edit: (addition of video). That does sound pretty awesome but I wonder if the drone is annoying from 2-3K rpms
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #3528
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

10 points for exhaust and claybaring!!!

2Thumbsup!!!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #3529
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Clay bar-ing a Jeep, minus 10 points.
think what you want ..but id rather have a nice paint job and lifted jeep ..if you have a crappy paint job and lifted jeep people just think your carless and dont maintain the thing..i think you get more respect when you really appreciate and maintain your vehicle ..if not your known to driving a POS

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #3530
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
think what you want ..but id rather have a nice paint job and lifted jeep ..if you have a crappy paint job and lifted jeep people just think your carless and dont maintain the thing..i think you get more respect when you really appreciate and maintain your vehicle ..if not your known to driving a POS
Before we go on a rage offense on Billz, I think we need to know the level of seriousness of that post! haha.

But I agree you and Matt, I drive in style with a Jeep that looks brand new and turns heads! It shows the kind of person you are when you appreciate and take care of what you have! (Which I know Billz, is that kind of person too! Or at least from what I have gathered!)
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #3531
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Before we go on a rage offense on Billz, I think we need to know the level of seriousness of that post! haha.

But I agree you and Matt, I drive in style with a Jeep that looks brand new and turns heads! It shows the kind of person you are when you appreciate and take care of what you have! (Which I know Billz, is that kind of person too! Or at least from what I have gathered!)
i know i was just stating my point regardless of the seriousness

Unread 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #3532
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
i know i was just stating my point regardless of the seriousness
Hahaha alright! Well you already know how I feel about having a Clean Jeep!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #3533
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yessss!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #3534
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:

Yeah, I take care of my vehicles. It was just a jab in the ribs for having a pristine Jeep. Maintaining pristine paint is a losing proposition. Hit some trails and you'll know what I mean.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...iping-1345690/
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #3535
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah, I take care of my vehicles. It was just a jab in the ribs for having a pristine Jeep. Maintaining pristine paint is a losing proposition. Hit some trails and you'll know what I mean.

I understand man. I'd love to not be so uptight about it. The last two times I went wheeling, I had some tree branches pin stripe down the side of my Jeep. I was able to compound and buff 90% of them out. I did have so much freaking fun taking on the trails and going over some rocks and flexing it out, etc I think it was worth it. Being a dark color, it was PIA to keep out the scratches. I sadly have more dings in my doors from other ***holes in the parking lots.

I just try to keep it looking as nice as I can for as long as I can. I know its an uphill battle but I take some pride in keeping it looking nice.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #3536
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I hear ya there. My former daily driver got the whole 9 yards, it was an absolutely pristine BMW 540i 6-speed, dark blue pearl. And my wife's car (the VW) is getting it too. I waxed every painted surface on that car, all the door jambs, even the wheels. It's just that Jeeping and a detailing hobby seem to be mutually exclusive. Unless you want to keep the WJ pristine and wheel the LJ, I get that.

Before I ate that trail wall a couple weeks ago, I had just finished detailing the WJ with Meguiar's #7 Polish and Meguiars Tech Wax 2. Then I chomped the whole passenger side and got all pissed. Now that I've had some time to wrap my broken brain around it, it's ok. It spends too much time on trails for me to really care about pristine bodywork. I'm still maintaining pristine mechanicals and interior, but I am pretty sure that's the last time I ever polish the paint.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #3537
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah man! I like detailing all my Cars and that is the extend of which I do the all cars too! Shoot, the LJ is in better condition then the WJ! The LJ has 30,000 miles on it and had a 3rd garage built for it. There isn't a single mark on the paint. But we have wheeled it many times, that thing is a beast! (It helps that is it not as wide, and its a tan color) The only scratches on it are on the plastic rear windows. The WJ is a DD and I really can't afford to break it off roading either, cause then I'd be really screwed w/o a car up at school.

I spent an entire day washing, clay baring, polishing, and waxing the WJ over spring break. LOL. That is the same way with my mechanical/interior, also have been meticulously kept up with!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #3538
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:

my paint has scratches all down the side of it from trail riding and i still like to keep the paint nice ...it sucks hereing branches scratch down the side of your jeep but you start not to care because your having a good time

Unread 03-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #3539
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
my paint has scratches all down the side of it from trail riding and i still like to keep the paint nice ...it sucks hereing branches scratch down the side of your jeep but you start not to care because your having a good time
The sound of branches going down the side of the Jeep is like death!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #3540
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
The sound of branches going down the side of the Jeep is like death!
As an avid hunter I hear them a lot. You just have to keep in the back of your head it's going to happen. It's a vehicle and $h!t happens. The stupid pricker bushes are not going to stop me from hunting the big bucks. Buff what you can out and move on.

I do like (not love, because thats weird) my jeep and try to keep it in nice shape, but I certainly am not going to live in a shell and not have fun. Whats the point of 4 wheel drive if you can't get a little dirty or scratched.

I don't mean for this to be over dramatic or anything, it's just my opinion.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.