Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 257 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #3841
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Or I can hop in my cousins race car?? Youtube K&N Series

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #3842
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
More like "get a Sprint Car if you want to do that"
I actually have a friend who races on dirt, its really cool!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #3843
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
It's not drifting unless you are oversteering (to the point of counter-steer required) before the apex of the turn. I hate how the term "drift" gets applied constantly to powersliding.
Well said sir. I had a couple of these situations in my XJ but only in the snow and when I had tried to break her loose. It's good fun with a 4x4/awd car and a lot easier to not spin out. HOWEVER if you've ever tried anything in the WJ the 247 will sabotage you to the point of under steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I was messing around, I don't drive crazy all the time. And I think you mean when you "turn right to go left" I built a dirt race track at the farm and I took my Jeep on it, and I was almost at full lock to the right at time going around the track making left turns. I think that is what you mean by drifting?
Sort of. Counter steering is more or less turning in the direction where your rear is trying to drift out so you get more control of the drift. While yes you are turning in the opposite direction of the turn you're only turning "left" let's say to prevent yourself from going too much "right". go watch some Travis Pastrana drift vids and watch his front wheels coming out of turns. Especially with awd or 4x4 counter steering with some gas can help you pull out of the drift by the apex of the turn, at which point traditionally on a RWD car (which the jeep 247 is when it has traction) you want to be foot on the gas hard accelerating out of the turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003
St0p abusing your jeep. Get a honda if you want to do that
Bahahahaha beater Honda yesssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003
Thats why you should drive like grandma. ssssllllooooowwwww lmao
Funny you mention this... I was taught to drive by my grandma, on her white WJ 4.0... Which is now my 'grandma Jeep' which ironically is now lifted and sees 3krpm+ on a frequent basis with me behind the wheel. I drive conservatively... But to hell am I going to baby the engine and slug up to speed. And to hell am I coming to a crawl for every turn I take, that just wastes gas. If I'm squealing the tires, im taking things a little too far.

Ps to anyone curious the WJ with the 247 does NOT like to lose traction on dry pavement. While limit testing with my new suspension geometry I was able to bust the front end loose into an under steer and it was very scary because the second i lost traction in the rear it started engaging the front which made for major understeer. The coils and shocks hold the Jeep nice and steady but the sheer feeling of that much momentum going into a turn on an SUV with offroad suspension will give a weird feel. Can't believe it but the factory suspension was A LOT worse in this regard. In other news, my XJ having the 231 is quite tail happy because of the lack of weight.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #3844
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Sort of. Counter steering is more or less turning in the direction where your rear is trying to drift out so you get more control of the drift. While yes you are turning in the opposite direction of the turn you're only turning "left" let's say to prevent yourself from going too much "right". go watch some Travis Pastrana drift vids and watch his front wheels coming out of turns. Especially with awd or 4x4 counter steering with some gas can help you pull out of the drift by the apex of the turn, at which point traditionally on a RWD car (which the jeep 247 is when it has traction) you want to be foot on the gas hard accelerating out of the turn.
I have seen his videos along with Ken Brock who drifts the all wheel drive Fiesta. Which is really funny.

Quote:
Bahahahaha beater Honda yesssss!
Yeah rather trash the trash then something nice!

Quote:
Funny you mention this... I was taught to drive by my grandma, on her white WJ 4.0... Which is now my 'grandma Jeep' which ironically is now lifted and sees 3krpm+ on a frequent basis with me behind the wheel. I drive conservatively... But to hell am I going to baby the engine and slug up to speed. And to hell am I coming to a crawl for every turn I take, that just wastes gas. If I'm squealing the tires, im taking things a little too far.
Nope nope, I am consistently hitting 3000K+ rpms on a daily basis. You HAVE to hit those kind of rpms with the 4.0 to go ANYWHERE around here.

Quote:
Ps to anyone curious the WJ with the 247 does NOT like to lose traction on dry pavement. While limit testing with my new suspension geometry I was able to bust the front end loose into an under steer and it was very scary because the second i lost traction in the rear it started engaging the front which made for major understeer. The coils and shocks hold the Jeep nice and steady but the sheer feeling of that much momentum going into a turn on an SUV with offroad suspension will give a weird feel. Can't believe it but the factory suspension was A LOT worse in this regard. In other news, my XJ having the 231 is quite tail happy because of the lack of weight.
242 swap... GO. The XJ weight like 2000 pounds less!!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #3845
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

I have seen his videos along with Ken Brock who drifts the all wheel drive Fiesta.
I believe you mean Ken Block man, awsome drifter, but he couldnt keep up with the guys in WRC, ha ha ha, its easy when you can try like 1000000000 times, film, cut, and have like 10 cars and 100 tires if you **** up something. In real Rally or life you only got one shot.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #3846
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
I believe you mean Ken Block man, awsome drifter, but he couldnt keep up with the guys in WRC, ha ha ha, its easy when you can try like 1000000000 times, film, cut, and have like 10 cars and 100 tires if you **** up something. In real Rally or life you only got one shot.
Ahh you are right it is Ken Block. He had some cool stunts from the videos that I have seen. But, you are right lol, he gets many more tries to get it right! I do not follow World Rally but is Ken Block a part of it?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #3847
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

Except he actually races in WRC for Monster and Ford. He's raced in Rally America for a good while. He doesn't just show off in videos for fun...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #3848
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ

Except he actually races in WRC for Monster and Ford. He's raced in Rally America for a good while. He doesn't just show off in videos for fun...
Lol derp!
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #3849
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ

I know he raced in rally America before, also that he did some WRC races with no good luck about 1or 2 years ago, i havent been following the last session of WRC, my bad.
But over here he is most famous for drifting/show of stunts.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #3850
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Took these for fun today.
Slight uphill in the second video

Washed it too

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #3851
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Dude! I might be getting another xj! On 35's
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #3852
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
If I wanted another XJ I'd want one thats owned by some grandma and had ~100k miles on it... stock... a nice foundation... never been wheeled

In other news michael your pics look nice... wait for a couple of weeks and then detailed pics of mine will start popping up although I did wash mine on saturday and she's pretty clean right now

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #3853
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Id love a stock one, but can't pass a good deal up when you see one. Plus I can bring my daughter with me more easily in a 4 door than I can my truck
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #3854
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Do you have any pictures?

Quote:
If I wanted another XJ I'd want one thats owned by some grandma and had ~100k miles on it... stock... a nice foundation... never been wheeled
Mostly done does save some work! Ups and downs

Quote:
In other news michael your pics look nice... wait for a couple of weeks and then detailed pics of mine will start popping up although I did wash mine on saturday and she's pretty clean right now
Thanks man! Knowing VA it is going to rain with in the next day because I washed it! Look forward to it!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #3855
robd2003
2002 WJ 

I have one from the add but I'm gonna have him send some pics to my cell tomorrow

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.