Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 216 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #3226
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I may or may not have only paid $310 shipped :P

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #3227
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
Nice, I've been looking into the 2" BDS. Fatbobs actually has (2) 2"BDS sets of springs. one is 2 bucks more than the other. I wonder what the difference between the 2 are? I do like the 4" BDS but I don't think it would be as economical. Figure a 3/4" puck in the front to level her and some 5100's and I should be on my way. Prolly put some Backspacing on the steelies i have ready to put on and some 31"s. I'm contemplating a new SS...

got anything planned for yours snobrdr?
For me personally I am going to stay under 3 inches just to keep it simple.

YES, I do have something planned, taking the springs and the JKS bar with me back to VT and going to put them on. Although I do not have any shocks... But still want to put them on and see how it sits/rides and get some Net Lift Numbers going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnolenwj View Post

You need to hurry up and get your lift on. You ought to just put it on one weekend and tell the parents I what happened, I washed it, mabe it grew? When they ask
Quote:
I think he should listen to you, I really do.
It is going to grow! And then I hope no one will notice, and at that point I really don't care, cause it is gonna look sweeet!

Quote:
Sorry Snobrdrkid I didn't mean to highjack your thread. But since it's more of a discussion as of now and i respect everyone thats usually appearing on your thread this seems like the best place to ask.
Not a problem man, do not mind it at all. I like have Jeep conversations so it is all relevant. Plus I haven't really "built" the Jeep per say as to modding the Jeep! haha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #3228
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
RC shocks are the bone bottom brand name in shocks to be honest... I also do not support their company due to some of the really crappy products they make for WJs case and point shock relocation brackets. I suppose their Nitro shocks are better than the el cheapo hydros but they're still going to be nothing like the reputable Bilsteins. Mine say designed in Germany, made in the USA all over them.... can you get any better than that?
I am probably never going to buy RC because of all the negative reviews. Haven't really seen any positive reviews to balance it out...

I run the Skyjacker Nitro's and they do the job of keeping the Jeep from bouncing around and they were pretty cheap so I can not complain.

Quote:
ahh thank you. I remember hearing that. Can't hurt a guy for trying to save a few pennies.
Cheap dad = skyjacker shocks... can't complain tooo much because I did not have to pay for them at the time. (was almost 3 years ago and before the Jeep was "mine")

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
and cowboyup94, the 5150s costed me 530shipped from IRO. But remember, I live in Hawaii so shipping was like 90 bucks
Holy Poop that cost a fortune! I'd stick with the 5100's unless the 5150's were THAT much better!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #3229
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I am however quite disappointed with how well the finish is holding up on the 5100s. This is what's happened to them in under a month of winter weather
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJdan View Post
^thats strange. Mine look as good as new with pa winter weather.
Matt, that really sucks. My POS white shocks slapped with a sticker that have been on the Jeep 3 years look better then that!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #3230
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Driveway Work March 3rd

Well here is some stuff that I actually did do to the Jeep today. Lol.

First, here is the result of going off roading and getting muddy. Damn mechanical fan making a mess! That is the only reason it got dirty in the engine bay.

Results of the fan splatter on the top of the hood.

Next I pulled the EVIC because the LED's were staying dimly lit at night and it was driving me nuts and making it a little harder to see so I swapped back in the incandescent bulbs for now.

While it was out though, I decided to take apart the EVIC console and see what was inside for fun. I wanted to see if it was possible to get my three middle buttons to light up like the later models did (I did a EVIC swap from an 02 for the homelink and it had the instant MPG's but did NOT have the little three lights in the middle that lit up)

You can see where the green board has a space for the two other lights and where the white piece has a opening for the two other lights. But the problem was the black piece did not have the lens for the light to pass through.

Lastly, I have been dealing with my HID fogs going off when they are supposed to be on. So I figured that the stock wires running to the Fogs did not have enough power to keep the running. So I went to DDM tuning to buy a relay harness. Okay so the relay comes in the mail and I open it up and they used 18 and 20 Gauge wire on the freaking relay. The website had said it was supposed to be 14 gauge and when I had inquired about it with a sales rep. He said that they changed suppliers and they have yet to change the website... Was NOT happy about that at all! So I installed the relay harness anyway figuring at least I would not burn up the Jeep wires.

The end result...

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE RANT!

I go for a test drive and the one HID is still going out. After I rage and talk to Matt, I think we have come to the fact that I have a bad ballast. The bulb was also flickering every once and awhile at random. So DDM tuning is going to hear from me shorty. I have had good luck with them in the past, hopefully they won't jerk me around and we can get this resolved.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #3231
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

yeah, i bought the 5150s for looks......and some performance, haha. Nah honestly, i was soooooo fed up with doestch's crap ride, i didnt mind dropping bills.

About 4 of my friends had problems with DDM tuning multiple times.....exactly why I never bought them. Hope they replace it for free and in a short time mang
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #3232
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
yeah, i bought the 5150s for looks......and some performance, haha. Nah honestly, i was soooooo fed up with doestch's crap ride, i didnt mind dropping bills.

About 4 of my friends had problems with DDM tuning multiple times.....exactly why I never bought them. Hope they replace it for free and in a short time mang
For what they cost I would hope they would ride like a dream! Floating on a cloud with BMW like handling!

I have yet to have a problem with DDM tuning until now. I am submitting a ticket now as we speak (type)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #3233
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

They DO! holy crap! I was amazed how they did on a washboard last sunday, 30mph no problem!

Rajah, give them hell!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #3234
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
They DO! holy crap! I was amazed how they did on a washboard last sunday, 30mph no problem!

Rajah, give them hell!
That is pretty damn sweet! haha

Oh yeah, they will!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #3235
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

REMOTE START! YESSS. Happy Birthday too me!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #3236
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Walmart had a sale on meguares paint restore kit
- Car Wash Soap
- Clay bar kit with quick detailer
- Ultimate compound
- Gold class Carbuna wax
- 2 micro fiber cloths
- 2 applicator foam pads

All of that for 23 dollars. All of that alone would be close to 70 or 80! Got a great deal!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #3237
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

damn you need a lift so your engine compartment isnt that muddy ...i went through 3 electric fans while i wasnt lifted ...then once i got the lift i had no more problems hah

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #3238
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
damn you need a lift so your engine compartment isnt that muddy ...i went through 3 electric fans while i wasnt lifted ...then once i got the lift i had no more problems hah
That seems to be the general consensus.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #3239
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Check this out. What do you think of this?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #3240
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Also a possible rear axle seal leak

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.