Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 253 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #3781
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
You dont need em...
I know, I always have wanted leather. My driver's side power motor broke. (The back up and down motor). It is like 100 bucks from the dealer for a new motor. Then the JY's want 75-150 for a seat base...

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #3782
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The Result of using a Valet Key... lol
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #3783
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
With my old battery terminals it would kick skim once maybe every month or so, always worked fine the second restart... just kind of annoying when it starts and you go to reach for the shifter and it shuts down blinking the skim light. Also how is that a good valet key unless you like trolling valets lol?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #3784
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

With my old battery terminals it would kick skim once maybe every month or so, always worked fine the second restart... just kind of annoying when it starts and you go to reach for the shifter and it shuts down blinking the skim light. Also how is that a good valet key unless you like trolling valets lol?
Well, rephrase that. The only reason the SKIM was kicking on was because the key that was in there was just a hardware store cut copy. Like a hide away. Primarely to get into the Jeep if I lock my keys in there. Or in this case. Didn't have my keys on me and needed to get in the Jeep. Hahaha, could have some fun with the valet people. Maybe Ill try that the next time I go out to eat back home.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #3785
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Tooled around with the "Torque" App for android. Ran some numbers
Best 0-60 was 10.3 seconds
1/8 mile was 12.21 seconds at 67 mph
Max HP (based on weight, etc) was about 160 HP... which seems about right? (if that is RWHP)

Put in the TPMS console to see it light up. (Yes, was that excited about it!) Gave me a nice "beep beep beep pause beep beep beep" when turned on and said, "Tire sensor missing etc"

Looks like I may have to redo the roof rails (that run forward back) because I did not rough them up before painting. (noob mistake, was so eager just went paint happy). The cross rails are fine, they have been painted once already.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #3786
robd2003
2002 WJ 

Thinking of hp and tq reminds me of the silver dub i had :/ I WILL own another HO dub again, just not sure when lol even then might even still do a 4.9er stroker swap and have a real mean dub
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #3787
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I just want to RIDE in a v8 dub to know what it feels like. Surprisingly during those runs, I was still tossed back in my seat some. Those runs weren't at sea level like all my other ones, so they are a bit slower.

I want to do some runs with my superchip tunes over the summer and see if there is a difference!

I WISH I could own a H.O. WJ

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #3788
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

you worry way too much about speed and power hah ...I feel like you should get a car ...or install 4.10 gears

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #3789
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
you worry way too much about speed and power hah ...I feel like you should get a car ...or install 4.10 gears
I probably do. BUT, what has gotten me recently was that, even floored, I could not accelerate any more going up this hill. I was going on the highway got to this pretty decent hill. Doing 65, Started to bog down, kicked down to 3rd gear, and eventually could barely maintain 63 ish mph going up the hill when it was on the freaking floor. I was so upset that that was it, the Jeep has NO more. It was just disappointing, that it had no more. I could not imagine towing, or with 3.55 gears. If I was towing... ugh I dont even want to know.

I have cars, that is the problem on why feeling the need for more is... more power.

I may just have to re gear them. But I am not putting in anymore money to the 35 though. Gosh who am I kidding, will never have the cash for that. lol.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #3790
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Doing 65, Started to bog down, kicked down to 3rd gear, and eventually could barely maintain 63 ish mph going up the hill when it was on the freaking floor.
Welcome to the world of the 4.0. My ZJ behaved the same way going up the passes here, only it would drop a bit lower than 63. Sometimes I'd have to duck in and hang with the semi trucks a while until all the faster traffic passed.

Sounds like it's time for some bolt-ons!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #3791
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1

Welcome to the world of the 4.0. My ZJ behaved the same way going up the passes here, only it would drop a bit lower than 63. Sometimes I'd have to duck in and hang with the semi trucks a while until all the faster traffic passed.

Sounds like it's time for some bolt-ons!
Yikes, I am glad you at least understand where I am coming from. I have had it roaring in second gear for the longest time up a hill with a trailer before at 60 with the shifter in second

Are you serious about bolt on, or kidding? Haha. Just want to x2 check. Lol.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #3792
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Well, I don't think that there's good return on your dollar for bolt-ons, but they do have effect on power. It'll be $1000 before you pick up 20hp (if even that much) but it will make a difference. I think what the WJ community is really missing out on is cams. Everyone does intake/exhaust/header/throttle body, but no one ever touches the camshaft, which would really make more difference than the rest of it combined. I find that funny.
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #3793
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well I have been Goolging around on the internet and I have found a company called Comp Cams. They have a few for the 4.0's I just wonder if they will work with the WJ's. Most cams were for NON fuel injected engines...

This guy on youtube has a Comp cam in his WJ claiming about 25-30 more HP with the cam.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #3794
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Did you read this thread? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ilure-1357333/

Don't get a Comp cam. Get something else. That's not the first Comp cam failure to come through the forum. They seem to have some trouble getting the proper surface hardness on their lobes, they fail too often for me to confidently recommend using them.

I think calling up the guys at 505 Performance would be a good idea. Talk to them about your needs and they'll set you up. Something like this looks the ticket. http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=30
Unread 04-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #3795
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh *facepalm* I did read that the other day. Just currently did not put that together... Yikes, well won't be looking there anymore. Do you have any recommendations?

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.