Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 331 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #4951
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

No, there was no need to.
That's what you think! You'll need em

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!

Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #4952
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

...I didn't...
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #4953
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
Sorry it took me a while to get back to your thread! You definately have some excess movement at that frame side track bar bushings, I have no experience with Kevins but harder bushings should help out for sure. The pop in the floorboard/gas pedal....if I had to throw a shot in the dark I would say control arm bushings. The sway you describe sounds a LOT like how my jeep used to drive on short arms, the upper control arms had never been removed from the jeep let alone had a bushing replaced. Needless to say, the frame side bushings were SHOT when I pulled the short arms out to install claytons so long ago.

You might need to unbolt the control arms to see the frame side bushings, but if they are anything like mine were 6 years ago, it's worth it! If you have any slop in the balljoints also, that will cause wandering as well so good thing you're getting it all checked out. Unit bearing is the term for your front wheel bearing assemblies. They wear out like wheel bearings on any vehicle, and have to be replaced if they start to have slop, causing wandering similar to shot balljoints.
Not a problem man, I'm glad you were able to!

For the Track Bar, I agree that that amount of movement is way too much and I am pretty sure that is not helping with some of the slop in the steering. When I back out of the drive way I notice how much lateral movement there is between the axle and the body. To me, that screams track bar. You can just see it move back in forth over the axle. As for the KOR Bushings, there have been a few members on here that run them and have been happy with the lack of movement with them. A video of the KOR bushing movement from a member. (Running a JKS track bar.)

http://vid1103.photobucket.com/album.../VIDEO0008.mp4 - (Thanks Chris!) What do you think about that amount of movement?

For the wondering on the road/highway, I would have guessed that it would be caused by the track bar movement? The "pop" sound is ONLY when turning the wheels or when there is lateral stress on the Jeep/Axle. For example turning out of a parking spot or when taking a turn off an exit ramp on the highway. From what I have been able to see, the Control Arms still look solid. I guess I will find out more when I take the track bar off tomorrow and see what the bolt hole looks like. My guess is that the sleeve is moving around. Not sure how with 100 ft-lbs of torque on it...

So for the final run down list for tomorrow:
  • Checking the Frame Side TB Hole for wallowing - if they are messed up, gonna see if they can do that washer welding thing
  • Try to figure out what is popping, I will show the guys at the shop what I am talking about. Will give them a demo haha
  • Inspect the Ball Joints - IF bad, replace asap
  • Un-Bolt and inspect control arm bushings - IF bad, will have them look at getting RC-X adjustable lower control arms at COST, (they are a RC dealer), but would rather have something other then RC...
  • I will tell them about the unit bearing as well.
  • Replacing the JKS bushings with KOR Bushigns later this week to get rid of the slop

Can worn "incorrectly" tires cause vibrations?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #4954
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw View Post
That's what you think! You'll need em
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
...I didn't...
Nope, you don't. You can use the JKS sleeves. The KOR bushings are a direct replacement of the JKS bushings.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #4955
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Nope, you don't. You can use the JKS sleeves. The KOR bushings are a direct replacement of the JKS bushings.
So I thought too until they caused excessive play

Unread 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #4956
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw View Post
So I thought too until they caused excessive play
I am confused? My bushings are what is causing all that movement...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #4957
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:

I am confused? My bushings are what is causing all that movement...
I'm saying the sleeves from my jks bar were loose inside the kor bushing

Unread 07-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #4958
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
WJ Grand Cherokee Note: This kit not necessary for installation on a JKS-127 bar for the WJ Grand Cherokee. Use the sleeves the bar came with, and our KOR-1199 bushings instead.
KOR Bushings

Quote:
Front; 1.0 - 6.0" Lift; Poly Bushing; PN OGS127 $160.00
JKS Adjustable Track Bar

Perhaps you had an issue with your track bar?
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #4959
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Larry - You may have had an issue with your JKS bar. Everyone I have talked to said the JKS sleeves and the KOR bushings were extremely hard to press in.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #4960
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

No it was just some improperly molded bushings I suspect

Unread 07-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #4961
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Maybe... not sure what happened. What did you do with them?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #4962
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Maybe... not sure what happened. What did you do with them?
Returned them *****es lol

Unread 07-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #4963
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh hahaha. What now, running JKS bushings again?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #4964
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

The ones from the iro track bar

Unread 07-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #4965
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The JKS sleeves and JKS bar work with the IRO bushings??

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.