Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted on here in a loooonng time, but hopefully you guys can help me out.

I've had some troubles with my jeep, so i'll start from the beginning. I couldn't get it to pass emissions this year, it was its first time ever failing. I had some exhaust leaks I got all welded up, ran a BG Injection service kit through it, and patched up a couple small vacuum leaks in the lines. This made a huge difference with the emissions, but I am still failing in NOX-allowed 4.5 i test at 4.7.

Anyways... after doing those things, the jeep developed a surging at idle. It is only doing it at operating temps & only in park & neutral, without a load on it. Idle in drive is fine, just under 1000rpm. When it surges, it goes up maybe 200rpm and back down. I cleaned the IAC figuring I could've lodged some gunk in there when i cleaned the throttle body. Didn't change, so i replaced it. Still bad. Not really sure what to do next. Also replace O2 sensor thinking it could be weak (still trying to pass emissions), and that dind't change anything. MAP Sensor tests fine.

Any ideas/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

'93 5.2L 156k

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I'll start things off with mentioning something simple. I noticed you didn't mention disco'ing the battery. After some of that work I'd reset the PCM by disco'ing the batt and hooking it up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco'd the battery after each thing I did to it, held the terminals together to try and drain & reset the PCM, waited a bit, hooked it back up to try and get it to relearn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.