Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

ZJ heater control

262 12
Need to replace heater controller for my 95 limited zj does the serial number have to be the same from donor zj I can't find any with exact same number but I did find a 93 zj with similar serial number thanks for the help
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
are you by chance replacing the heater control because the fan switch is not working? If so, I had to install a better ground wire from control to provide a better ground and that solved the problem. I got this advice from a jeep mechanic friend of mine who saw this on a few other vehicles....Best Jim

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are you by chance replacing the heater control because the fan switch is not working? If so, I had to install a better ground wire from control to provide a better ground and that solved the problem. I got this advice from a jeep mechanic friend of mine who saw this on a few other vehicles....Best Jim
It's dead completely has nothing but I did notice that the ground was not connected when I pulled it out it did work till I my Vic started strobing white light and killed radio Vic and heater replaced radio and Vic now just heater controller out tested wiring it's getting electricity to it so now I'm replacing it think I might ground old one to see if that helps but it does have a burnt smell to it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts