Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
841 - 856 of 856 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
I can't wait to see this thing on the trails again.
Hopefully soon dude. The rest of my fuel pressure regulator fittings should be in tomorrow. Then Dyno Friday. Hopefully all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #843 ·
Got the new regulator installed and adjusted to 58psi. I had a Summit racing 40 micron in-line filter from my old set up but decided to go with a 10 micron filter instead of reusing my old one.

After a couple test drives and fitting checks/tightening. It was very apparent my 8 year old DieHard Platinum AGM battery was about dead. Unfortunately the new DHP’s are not the same. Completely different specs. I had known my old one was a rebranded Odyssey extreme. Since my old battery far exceeded my expectations considering how it set for years at a time and got completely taxed when winching I was extremely happy with 8 years of performance. So I decided to drop the coin on the odyssey direct replacement. I did not want a dead battery to ruin my 2nd attempt at Dyno day.

Here are the specs:

Hopefully tomorrow all goes well at the Dyno. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
Been doing a lot of family vacations this summer. Managed to squeeze in time to build an engine skid.

Also I have my spare tire carrier for sale. It just doesn’t make since for me to run one. So I needed good reverse lights and added some to the bumper.

Getting her all cleaned up for Windrock!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Windrock is a lot of fun. I have the map scanned if you want it. Otherwise just pay the $12-14.

Still need to hit Gulches and Morris Mountain. They are fun too.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #853 ·
Windrock is a lot of fun. I have the map scanned if you want it. Otherwise just pay the $12-14.

Still need to hit Gulches and Morris Mountain. They are fun too.

I’ll take a copy for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 ·
Windrock was a great time. Chris ended up joining last minute. It was wet the entire weekend (go figure). Ran the right side of 15, little mule, 39 (Cadillac hill) and finished the first section of rattle rock in about 5 min. Would have loved to finish rattle rock but it was dinner time. Wheeled with Jeremy Rose the first day and Matt from Bleepin Jeep the second. Had to recover this one Jeep and pull him all the way up Cadillac hill. Long story but the guy had no business being in the advanced group. The new power is awesome! It’s like a whole new rig again.

Had a couple of bugs. Threw my serpentine belt on the first trail. The belt stayed on the rest of the weekend,but I will get to that in the next post. I need some more idle tuning. Sometimes if I stab the gas and let off quick then idle falls too far and it stalls. Really haven’t had time to mess with it too much. Got some videos up on my IG @BeeftallicA

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
Now on to the serpentine belt issue. Since the swap I have had an issue where the belt is wanting to walk off the a/c pulley after a bit of driving. I used a laser alignment tool and shimmed both the idler and the tensioner. Only put a .034 shim in.

Thought I was good but ended up after a few drove throwing the belt again. I was at a loss ended up calling ICT to see if anyone else had this issue. They said no and suggested a couple things, but then offered to send me their “updated” bracket and tensioner. It is thicker, moves the idler a little, and uses a longer throw heavier duty tensioner. So far no issue since. Biggest thing I have noticed looking at it is how much less the tensioner moves on the new one compared to the old. Hoping this issue is resolved.

Difference in thickness.

Old:

New

841 - 856 of 856 Posts