Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
781 - 800 of 856 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #781 ·
John - which wheels are you running? I can't recall. I'm starting to look at the 20's.
Raceline avenger machined (RT260M), 20x10 4.5" BS. They make 5 and 4" BS in that wheel. If you get the one that has black (RT260) it only comes in 4" BS. GoForth tire by far has the best prices. I would recommend if you buy wheels and tires from him make sure they are NOT mounted. Have them shipped apart. You actually may live close to the shop.

·
I miss the snow...
5,666 Posts
Raceline avenger machined (RT260M), 20x10 4.5" BS. They make 5 and 4" BS in that wheel. If you get the one that has black (RT260) it only comes in 4" BS. GoForth tire by far has the best prices. I would recommend if you buy wheels and tires from him make sure they are NOT mounted. Have them shipped apart. You actually may live close to the shop.
Thanks John.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #783 ·
Went wheeling up at RiverRock this weekend. Had a great time. I'll try to get the videos up on YouTube and post them here. Had issues with heat again. It seems the race fan is worse than the clutch fan. So I'm going to have to yank it out.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
Put the clutch fan back in and found this little gem at the junk yard. I shouldn't have issues with air in my system now. I think that was contributing to the heat issues. I idled in the driveway with the a/c on for about 15 min after a drive and it only got to about 208°. Started dropping the second I turned the a/c off or started moving. It's definitely better than it was at RiverRock.

Little discrepancy between the CTS and the autometer gauge as expected considering location difference of sensors.

Mounting

·
I miss the snow...
5,666 Posts
Lookin’ good John. Way back when, I tried running that exact smaller overflow can, and it was never close to enough. Always spitting fluid, and then would not have enough left to refill the radiator when it cooled There is a hell of a lot more fluid volume in that stock tank.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I also run a very similar small aluminum overflow bottle. I don't have any negative side effects of it but to be honest I really don't know if it even works at all. I don't know if the radiator actually pulls from it and then drains back to it.

What model dodge did that come from?

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #788 ·
I also run a very similar small aluminum overflow bottle. I don't have any negative side effects of it but to be honest I really don't know if it even works at all. I don't know if the radiator actually pulls from it and then drains back to it.

What model dodge did that come from?
Unfortunately I don't know. It was sitting on a shroud in the walk way. But it had dodge or mopar markings on it.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #792 ·
Finally ditching the old tech? I can't wait to do the same. I have to het my Squarebody LS swapped first though.
Yea finally! My motor is so tired it has the power if a 4cyl, I should be pushing close to 500/500 with the new set up. Woot woot!

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Glad you're getting out wheeling man. I need to do more of that myself.

What year is that 6.0?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #797 ·
Glad you're getting out wheeling man. I need to do more of that myself.

What year is that 6.0?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
It's out of a 2011 2500HD. 360HP and 380tq stock trim. I'm going to throw probably a BTR stage 2 truck cam in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
It's out of a 2011 2500HD. 360HP and 380tq stock trim. I'm going to throw probably a BTR stage 2 truck cam in it.

:drool:

I've been keeping my eye out for a 6.0 but I was also looking at a BTR cam for my 5.3. I could use a little more pep since I let myself settle for 5.13s

What is the wiring/tuning going to be like on a motor that new?

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #799 ·
:drool:

I've been keeping my eye out for a 6.0 but I was also looking at a BTR cam for my 5.3. I could use a little more pep since I let myself settle for 5.13s

What is the wiring/tuning going to be like on a motor that new?
I'm still debating on trimming the harness myself or buying a speartech. Plan on using HP Tuners. Sucks they just went up $100 yesterday

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Are you going to have to use the DBW pedal?

781 - 800 of 856 Posts