Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
741 - 760 of 851 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #741 ·
Those meats are gnarly. Had the same problem with the inserts not being fully seated on my Racelines as well. Pain in the ***. After fighting the first wheel, I built a little tool to fully seat the inserts before trying to install the rings. The problem as I saw it was that the ring mounting surface on mine was not flat, there is a lip that goes around the circumference of the bolt ring - you can see it in your first pic. If you don't account for that, whatever tool you use to draw up the insert results in the insert going in crooked. You'd think Raceline would know better, as many people complain about this issue.
I sent the pic and info over to Greg from Allied. Also told him about chips in the rings left over from machining I had to blow out. QA needs to step up there for sure. I messed up my first bolt because of this. I would think it wouldn't be hard to for them to have an installation tool that would install them square to the bore every time. I know I guy they sent a new wheel to because of this.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·
Haven't been up to much lately. Went to the local park for a couple hours and got blown away by how well the stickies work. Last weekend went down to Jeep Beach. Had a great time. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day weekend at AOP.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·
wish we had those kind of meets here in Morontario, Canada.

Looks great, glad you are finally able to take a step back and enjoy the rig, as well as the necessary time away from it :thumbsup:
Oh yeah, now it's honey do lists.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts

Looks great, glad you are finally able to take a step back and enjoy the rig, as well as the necessary time away from it :thumbsup:
Pennsylvania isn't that far away. We have the largest Jeep even on the east coast every June. The Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,513 Posts

Looks great, glad you are finally able to take a step back and enjoy the rig, as well as the necessary time away from it
Pennsylvania isn't that far away. We have the largest Jeep even on the east coast every June. The Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival.
Pennsylvania is massive.

Narrow it down a little.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
Those 20`s are perfect in proportion and function !!

Anything set with Marvin and the gang for 2021 ?
Im riding in September to Windrock with a couple of the guys from FRR. Not sure if all of them will be there. Other than that nothing with them on the books at the moment.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Your rig is such a beast John. I hope I can see it in person one day :cheers2:

Reactions: 87TPIYJ
741 - 760 of 851 Posts