Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who still makes YJ frame tie-ins for the rear bumper? I know BEZERK used to make them but I guess he's retired.
Also any preferences on which are the best?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Shouldn’t be all that difficult to make some yourself. Just need some flat steel to weld to the bumper and drill some holes. Personally I just welded my rear bumper straight to the frame rails in place of the factory tinfoil rear crossmember.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Angle steel

I'm redoing a YJ and just picked up a 2x3 piece of angle steel from a local steel company! I asked for 1/8 inch thick but think I got a little better than that! Plan on running it all the way across the rear and welding/bolting to what is left of factory crossmember. Then I will weld my new frame repair pieces to this new angle steel.

·
Registered
221 Posts
As I recall from my fiberglass tub CJ7 project the kit I bought was two pieces of s90* bent steel very much like angle iron with holes drilled in it. If you have a supplier handy. measure how wide and long the pieces need to be and drill the holes yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.