Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched and searched and cant locate the dimensions to the rear part of the frame. Have a buddy thats going to fix my frame rot around my rear shackles. Does anyone know dimensions? Plan on cutting a bit off after making a new piece and welding it up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Copperhead89 said:
Here you go. This drawing was very helpful when I was rebuilding the rear section of my YJ frame.
Ahh ill see if i can make that work. Im trying to figure out the angle.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ahh ill see if i can make that work. Im trying to figure out the angle.
If you mean the angles of the rear axle hump, maybe this will help. This is how I built the frame rails.

The finished product, prior to priming and paint. I took some design liberties with regard to the shape of the crossmember in front of the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Copperhead89 said:
If you mean the angles of the rear axle hump, maybe this will help. This is how I built the frame rails.

The finished product, prior to priming and paint. I took some design liberties with regard to the shape of the crossmember in front of the gas tank.
Have you thought about making frame repair parts?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Copperhead, what size square stock did you use to fix the rear of the frame? 2x3 or is that 2x4? Also what thickness did you go with? Gotta fix my YJ in the next couple weekends.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Copperhead, what size square stock did you use to fix the rear of the frame? 2x3 or is that 2x4? Also what thickness did you go with? Gotta fix my YJ in the next couple weekends.
I PM'ed you, but I'll repeat it here. I used 4" x 2.5", with 1/8" wall thickness. This size is a perfect match to the YJ frame rails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yj frame dimensions

I have a 1995 yj frame and I want to use this frame for my 1994 yj. The problem, is the 1995 has 4.0l mounts and the 1994 has 2.5l mounts? Looks like you move frame motor mounts? Will this work? Do not have exact dimensions, figured exact dimensions would be than just measuring old frame. Anyone have a print preferably with standard dimension rather than metric?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
KipperKRB said:
I have a 1995 yj frame and I want to use this frame for my 1994 yj. The problem, is the 1995 has 4.0l mounts and the 1994 has 2.5l mounts? Looks like you move frame motor mounts? Will this work? Do not have exact dimensions, figured exact dimensions would be than just measuring old frame. Anyone have a print preferably with standard dimension rather than metric?
Because of the frame angles measuring with any accuracy would be difficult. My suggestion is to install the transmission to the skid plate and use it to determine where the engine frame mounts should be located. This is a foolproof way to locate them, but it requires more labor.

Or find a 4.0l frame...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts