Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
15941 - 15960 of 31090 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Michaelgoesrawr said:
Anyone have any experience with the kobalt cordless impact? Seems like all the Dewalt ones are a sure thing but I've already got the kobalt battery packs.
I'm assuming your shopping at Lowes, so whatever you do, Don't get the portercable stuff. I'm on my 2nd impact in 4 months and my jigsaw has already come apart. I would have expected better in a $500 kit. I've had a PorterCable pancake compressor for 8 years and it still runs great.

I think Lowes return policy with the Kobalt stuff is pretty good if you have issues with it.

For the $$ spent I'd get the new Dewalt brushless impact and drill set at Home Depot which are freakin SWEET or the new Milwaukee m18 Fuel. Both use brushless motors and are well worth the $

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
I'm assuming your shopping at Lowes, so whatever you do, Don't get the portercable stuff. I'm on my 2nd impact in 4 months and my jigsaw has already come apart. I would have expected better in a $500 kit. I've had a PorterCable pancake compressor for 8 years and it still runs great.

I think Lowes return policy with the Kobalt stuff is pretty good if you have issues with it.

For the $$ spent I'd get the new Dewalt brushless impact and drill set at Home Depot which are freakin SWEET or the new Milwaukee m18 Fuel. Both use brushless motors and are well worth the $
I'll shop anywhere the price is right. I nabbed kobalts 20v kit for $150 about 6 months ago so that's why I wanted to stick with that. I was looking at getting a bare tool but they only have one and sell it with a battery and charger. Oh well.

Their return policy is great. My 25' tape broke the first time I ever took it to 25'. I've had the thing for 4 years, used it on everything and as I was building a 24' ramp it broke. Took it to lowes and they told me to go pick one out. Easy peasy. No other questions.

Ko

·
Premium Member
11,377 Posts
That's sad.

I have a bunch of (old) porter cable tools. Some for over 20 years. Corded and cordless. They're starting to wear out and/or break. Parts started getting unavailable a few years back. It was nice once when you could buy a tool and have it put up with a hard use for a long time, and then replace a bearing and have it like new for $30. My PC sawzall has cut so many remodeling projects, VW beetles, trailers, steel stock, and jeeps in the last 20 years I can't even recall. But the recipro head has worn out and come apart. I got my money's worth out of it.

I need a new sawzall. I'm scared to buy porter cable now.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
So today I needed to fill her up with gas. And it's always a pain, because I have to pump so slow. Then I remember that I read somewhere on here about turning the fuel filler clockwise I think, and it will be easier to fill. You remove all the screws, then rotate it and put the screws back in. Does anyone know where that write up is? I searched for two hours looking for it.

Of course I go the the gas station anyway, and wouldn't you know it, she filled right up on the lower notch of the pump. I even got to wash the windshield while she was filling, like a normal person. :2thumbsup:

And no, I'm not interested in relocating the filler to the
TJ location.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/what-did-you-do-your-yj-today-214230/index3609.html#post20560673

:tea:

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
7,121 Posts
Thanks grand.:highfive:

I may try this today. It all depends on how many people and how long I have to wait on hold, to get my medical options changed for next year.:confused::mad:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I'm a Milwaukee guy but have had em all. My 18v Milwaukee I found on a mt pass headed out of town best damn drill I've had, so I ended up buying more but I would wait till after black friday they always have Christmas deals on tools they don't offer any other time. My cousin works for millwakee and he is with research and development he has some pretty neat tools in his garage that never made it to production. Lol

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey Randon, Coloardo did treat me well, but we lived in the sticks and the girlfriend couldn't seem to land a job, I got one right away of course...but then The gf and I had it out, it was getting expensive for just me and I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do in life. Still not sure, but I got a job offer back here so i headed back, my dog is pretty stoked to get to hunt again but I miss CO. I'll be back to visit colorado this winter, made a lot of great friends, and I can always move back there I figure, it's not going anywhere. i'll be back in a WJ soon, might wait on a wrangler till my school loans are completely gone, shouldnt take too long. hopefully I can still hang with the YJ's in the grand.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
thatguy383 said:
Hey Randon, Coloardo did treat me well, but we lived in the sticks and the girlfriend couldn't seem to land a job, I got one right away of course...but then The gf and I had it out, it was getting expensive for just me and I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do in life. Still not sure, but I got a job offer back here so i headed back, my dog is pretty stoked to get to hunt again but I miss CO. I'll be back to visit colorado this winter, made a lot of great friends, and I can always move back there I figure, it's not going anywhere. i'll be back in a WJ soon, might wait on a wrangler till my school loans are completely gone, shouldnt take too long. hopefully I can still hang with the YJ's in the grand.
My buddy hung with us on fins with his stock overland edition WJ

15941 - 15960 of 31090 Posts