Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
30681 - 30700 of 30875 Posts

·
Typical /f12 Hooligan
6,936 Posts
That Alaska trip sounds awesome.

I've driven Alice to and from Idaho a few times with my daughter for school. Soft top soft uppers and snowstorms. I had a heavy jacket on and the heater going and we were cold but not freezing. Those trips are 950 miles one way.

The best trip was me alone. My daughter called to discuss her husband breaking her transmission. It was making horrible metal scraping sounds. I flew out, spend a few days with her painting rooms in her house, then jumped in and drove the YJ 950 miles on a suspect trans. No fear fellas.

This was the precursor event to the "Not one, but TWO 10 MM sockets in the bellhousing" post.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
I have another follow up for my hand on thursday. Im hoping the Dr clears me to start doing normal stuff again. The club has a ride at Badlands, VT this weekend. Ive never been there but heard its got some decent trails. Any insight @fishadventure? Or any other new englanders?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Badlands Vermont?!

i think I’ve heard of it. I’m a rebel and I don’t do parks so I have not LOL

Vermont Jeep Association does some … challenging trails out in the wilds. And that is more my style. Class four roads. Legal to drive on.
Except note the disinformation from stupid tree huggers and how they screw things up (Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo): “Residents appeared concerned that Broncoowners would also fan out onto nearby "Class 4" roads and trails, which are used for horseriding and hiking. After they voiced their objections at a Pomfret Planning Commission meeting, the resort directed Adventure ORX to withdraw the permit applications. The South Pomfret Off-Roadeo site appears dead.”

Class 4 roads are LEGAL TO DRIVE ON
That is a beautiful area and lots of history, a big tourist area. Just look at all the free publicity they missed out on. Morons. This stupidity is why I am going to install some relays and a blackout switch so I can do legal things without raising the dander of the moronos.

What town is that badlands place supposedto be in?

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
So the wifey gave permission, rather told me I need to, buy a new welder! 🤯😁 Not a crazy budget to work with but after watching @The_Goob review videos, I ordered up the same yeswelder 205ds and necessary accessories. Super excited. Ive been working with an old Lincoln weldpak flux job for the past 15 years or so. It will be a nice upgrade in many categories. We are trying to become more self sufficient and having a decent welder we can rely on is a good start. Just need to get a bottle now. I think Im going to go with a 40cf tank

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I do not know if you have seen hard knocks this year or not but MCDC (Motor City Dan Campbell) had the team main meeting room repainted. The things that stick out on the walls are. Last NFL championship, 1957, Last division championship, 1993. Last playoff win, 1992. It seems all of the previous regimes wanted to ignore our history and think that they were somehow different. The last one was the worst. Bob Quinn was hired to be the GM from the patriots organization. Jim Caldwell was our coach and had the best overall record of a Lions coach in 30 years. He was fired after a 9-7 season that we missed the playoffs because we expect better and are striving for championships. Enter the fat pig, Matt Patricia who only won 13 games in just under 3 seasons. The team that was ready to compete and underachieved under Caldwell.... Hmmm. The story changed after Patricia was onboard and could not find his own butt with two hands, a map and a flashlight to what a mess that they took over. Matt Patricia is a narcissistic, ungroomed, fat, obnoxious, pig.

Anyways, enter a coach that for the first time recognizes the franchises long term failures and uses them to motivate. Damn, we actually re-signed and retained some decent free agents. This is a new thing. Having guys that wanted to remain in Detroit? Hmm. Interesting. Definitely new.

We nailed our draft... partly because Jacksonville blew the first over all pick and did not draft Hutch, but remember the name Malcom Rodriguez, affectionately already called "Rodrigo". Our sixth round linebacker that will be the Tom Brady like steal of this draft. He is the next coming of Chris Spielman. Kinda. Spielman was too small and too slow. Rodrigo is just too small. He is fast as hell though.

Wife and I have a 4 game package which includes the Thanksgiving day game. That game was a bucket list thing for me. I have never been to it. Looking forward to having a turkey sammich off the tail gate of her Jeep. I will be easy to find on TV that day. When they kick field goals into the one end of the stadium, there will be an aisle seat in the dead middle of the uprights that looks empty and has a gorgeous blonde (my wife) sitting in the seat next to it. The reason that aisle seat will look empty is because when everybody jumps up..... Well.... I am only 5'5" tall. I cannot be seen. I am pretty sure I cant because I cannot see the field in those moments. LOL.

I will take my jabs and punches. I deserve it as a Lions fan for sure. But... That dark and shadowy place will disappear soon. A Lion WILL go there. In fact. 53 of them will go there together. They are circling and planning. This time around, the Kool-aid is real. Probably not this year but just wait. 60+ years of good intentions will pay off sooner or later.

If not... Tailgating is fun.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I will say that the Lions were fun to watch last year, and I was rooting for them when they weren't playing my team. I felt like the effort and grit they showed was something that I hadn't seen from them as a whole team in a long time.

Goff is good. And has a chance to get better. I liked some of the attitude he had last season. He didn't have that when he was with the Rams, and that was an issue. But he was always a very good guy and teammate by all accounts. I think the change of scenery and expectation was good for him.

Good luck to the Lions next year. Except when playing the Rams lol.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
PSA!!!

Someone in my club just gave me the heads up that voodoo offroad is having a crazy sale right now. If youve ever considered or been on the fence about a kinetic rope, nows the time to get one, theyre like 70% off!🤯

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
PSA!!!

Someone in my club just gave me the heads up that voodoo offroad is having a crazy sale right now. If youve ever considered or been on the fence about a kinetic rope, nows the time to get one, theyre like 70% off!🤯
They have smokin' deals.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
Seems unreal but I put an order in for a 7/8" x 30' kinetic rope. Was going to spring for the 20' too but Ive been spending a lot of money lately lol
That's insane.

Shipping to me would cost more than the rope. I just checked.

I have been shopping for synthetic winch line as I am nearing my overhaul and soon to be back on the road.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
"Kinetic rope" sounds like marketing BS for "we made a tow strap shaped like a rope so we could charge more for it."
You could tow with a "kinetic rope" (aka snatch strap), just don't try to snatch with a tow strap.

I checked the site and the sale prices look ok.. I just think that sort of recovery is more suited to mud or sand, and I don't do either of those. Plus those ropes are pretty bulky to carry in the jeep. They had a winch rope on sale too but used those junk old school thimbles on the end.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Tow straps stretch, that's the whole point. Why would I ignore 20 years of tow strap use just because somebody comes up with a rope that does the same thing?

Now if you were telling me not to use a chain, I'd agree. :)

30681 - 30700 of 30875 Posts