Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
30581 - 30600 of 30661 Posts

·
Administrator
21,384 Posts
I'm back

Was a very good long weekend of debauchery and general shenanigans we pull on 10th anniversaries.

Some tears, few more beers, laughs and a great food.

I just received a wad of cash for my Dodge Journey too. Looked at it and scanned the 4wp wish list... theeeenn I shut down the shmoogle and put that cash in my safe :(

Next time lol
Every time I get some extra cash from something my first thought is "free money!!" then I think how good the bank balance looks and just let it sit there.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Is it a Fiskars? If so, those are bad boys.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Oh. I DID get to buy a new chopping axe this weekend though.

Hot damn! Never swung a composite handled axe before this.

What a difference being so top heavy while swinging compared to a traditional dense wooden handle. I felt like a BEAST. lol
I've never read anything quite so Canadian on this forum before.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,503 Posts
@Boojo35 . . . .

It's that time of year again in Canadia. Every August-October ...the grandest spectacle of them all.... every 'Muricans dream.... the CJ/YJ hardtop mating season. Prices: free, up to $100 CAD.

This unusual behavior still blows everyday Murican middle class YJ owners' minds.

It is a supply vs demand model in real time. Helps one understand absolute scarcity and its real effects on value of commodities.

To this ad poster, $100 CAD of completely unchecked inflated Canadian Monopoly foodstamp cash is worth more to them than this perfectly intact, true North strong and free-tested jeep YJ hardtop.

Put it in perspective? $100CAD is not even a full tank of ethanol saturated fuel these days.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire

I need to buy a small plot of land... erect a small shop and start collecting Canadian hard tops while I get the paperwork in order for an exporting license lol. At the prices I can get these tops, I could have a small business opportunity on my hands selling/shipping dirt cheap hardtops states' side. Naturally, I would include a complimentary bottle of fresh maple syrup. Preservative-free.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
As much as I like toples with the windshield down (as long as I don't get caught in a rain shower) there are times I think I would like a hard top. But I already have a bikini and full soft top that rarely get used these days. So a hard top would be an unnecessary extravagance taking up storage space I don't have.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Yeah I have;
two hard tops
one half hard top
one bikini top
one safari top
two jammocks
and a windjammer.

The only ones Ive used in the past 2-3 years are the jammocks and safari top

·
Registered
256 Posts
@Boojo35 . . . .

It's that time of year again in Canadia. Every August-October ...the grandest spectacle of them all.... every 'Muricans dream.... the CJ/YJ hardtop mating season. Prices: free, up to $100 CAD.

This unusual behavior still blows everyday Murican middle class YJ owners' minds.

It is a supply vs demand model in real time. Helps one understand absolute scarcity and its real effects on value of commodities.

To this ad poster, $100 CAD of completely unchecked inflated Canadian Monopoly foodstamp cash is worth more to them than this perfectly intact, true North strong and free-tested jeep YJ hardtop.

Put it in perspective? $100CAD is not even a full tank of ethanol saturated fuel these days.

View attachment 4154014

I need to buy a small plot of land... erect a small shop and start collecting Canadian hard tops while I get the paperwork in order for an exporting license lol. At the prices I can get these tops, I could have a small business opportunity on my hands selling/shipping dirt cheap hardtops states' side. Naturally, I would include a complimentary bottle of fresh maple syrup. Preservative-free.
i laughed my *** off at this post, but i am actually a little unclear on why they are so cheap up there. in reference to your supply / demand comment, I'm guessing there are either a ton of YJ tops laying around or there are hardly any YJs, or both...but that seems unlikely.

you have blown my deep south American mind, and i need to know why YJ hardtops are cheaper than a tank of gas in Canadia.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Canada, the rust belt of North America from what Bruin says. Apparently it has a hunger for YJs. Tops don't rust, jeeps do. I have found it an interesting topic on here for some time. It makes sense, but yeah it's strange in a way.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I looked for a hardtop for quite a while. The low end asking price was $500. Some were upwards of $800. They did not pop up for sale very often. Many of them had issues. The one I found was listed for $500 and in really good shape. It has one small blemish (chip) in the fiberglass that is about dime sized. The guy was frustrated as he had been paying for a storage unit for a YJ that was torn apart. He had the old tub, a new replacement tub, and tons of other stuff. Upon arrival he told me that if I gave him $500 for the top I could pick through the small parts and take what I wanted with the exception of a few things. I got two brand new quarter panels which will probably end up as a sofa type bench somewhere in my yard or man cave. I got a brand new in the box complete body mount kit. The underdash unit for the AC, a heater box that is complete and just a lot of other gadgets and small parts. In the end, the price I paid was not too bad. I already was looking at having AC in my hardtop Jeep, getting the under dash unit made this an easy project.

@bruinjeeper, you do not need a piece of land or an export license. Drive to Michigan with a hard top on, go back to Canada with a soft top. Oh, wait. The cost of beer when we get together coupled with the current cost of fuel kinda wrecked this plan, didn't it? Well,,,,, then again we could look at the hard tops as recouping some of our beer money. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
21,384 Posts
Whats with the influx of TJ guys in here. We dont take kindly to those folk around these parts lol
I'll take any members we can get. The TJ guys used to look down on the YJ guys but now we are all in it together being looked down on by the Gladiator and JL guys. It's the circle of life

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll take any members we can get. The TJ guys used to look down on the YJ guys but now we are all in it together being looked down on by the Gladiator and JL guys. It's the circle of life
fact. and i never thought i'd see the day where i look at TJ's with anything resembling fondness. yet, here we are. fact is that the YJs and the TJs are basically like cousins anyways, and we cant avoid eachother at the family reunions no matter how hard we try.

·
Administrator
21,384 Posts
fact. and i never thought i'd see the day where i look at TJ's with anything resembling fondness. yet, here we are. fact is that the YJs and the TJs are basically like cousins anyways, and we cant avoid eachother at the family reunions no matter how hard we try.
Hat Tie Fedora Coat Goggles

30581 - 30600 of 30661 Posts