Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
30361 - 30380 of 30856 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Or is it for a JKU and go under the rear floor?

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Not sure I need this, but curiosity has got me wondering
I dunno. It’s only a pic but it doesn’t look like something I would buy at any price. I guess unless you don’t run a rear seat and it was $20

I cut’n’welded the forward seat pivots to raise them like 2-1/2” and raised the latches/brackets on the wheel well sides the same. That way I could build a steel box with a drawer in it that slides out to the rear. If the tailgate/door is locked the drawer is locked and I still have a usable seat.

I’d probably skip that box with its warped top.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no fab or welding skills. At least for the time being. If it was what they said it was, then I might consider it as a drop in solution.

I really enjoy going over some of the old threads to see what people did back in the day. With the added benefit of being able to "follow up" through years of posts since on how well those ideas aged. It's such a huge resource that I don't think people really think about.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
I hate thieves. Scumbags.

Went to get in the jeep this afternoon and odd- my wrangler badge is missing. Must have fallen off! Oh, but wait. There’s paint and adhesive looking like it was stuck on good?

Went to look at the other side.

So ya, both sides of the 87 have the wrangler logo badges missing.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Those stinkin badges that were prior to the stinkin stickers are awesome. They identify it as an older YJ.
Plus when you part out a junker, you can peel off the “US General” on your toolbox and stick a wrangler emblem back on.
just not a stolen one

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I hate thieves. Scumbags.

Went to get in the jeep this afternoon and odd- my wrangler badge is missing. Must have fallen off! Oh, but wait. There’s paint and adhesive looking like it was stuck on good?

Went to look at the other side.

So ya, both sides of the 87 have the wrangler logo badges missing.
Badges are expensive. I had my old truck's tailgate repainted shortly before I knew I was going to sell it, and I was going to buy new badges to put on it to replace the old faded ones. They are like $60 per badge. Crazy!

Anyone been wheeling? Gas is so expensive that I haven't used the new gooseneck to haul the Jeeps yet. It normally costs about $300 to go wheeling for the day, but now it's probably closer to $400-$450. Wife has been really bugging me about taking the boat out or taking the Jeeps out, but I don't wanna spend the money right now.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Anyone been wheeling? Gas is so expensive that I haven't used the new gooseneck to haul the Jeeps yet. It normally costs about $300 to go wheeling for the day, but now it's probably closer to $400-$450. Wife has been really bugging me about taking the boat out or taking the Jeeps out, but I don't wanna spend the money right now.
Yep. I went memorial day weekend, and again last weekend. Might take a break now due to the heat. Pricey, but it is what it is for now. Probably spent around $350 in fuel for each trip (just for the truck). I haven't wheeled in so long I'm not going to let the price of goods stop me from getting back to it now that I'm healthy. Between those trips, repairing a bent driveshaft, and a few upgrade parts for my suspension I've probably spent $3k or more in the last 3 weeks on jeep stuff. Lol

I'll sort it all out once the credit card bill shows up.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts

I am a diehard Detroit Lions fan. I drive square headlight Jeeps also. I obviously have my faults. LOL.

Anyways. About 2 years ago Sheila Ford/Hamp took over ownership of the Lions. Our team is trending in a very positive direction, but a huge change has been the transparency of the team with the media, and the creativity of the media department. This video should make all other NFL fans jealous. It is a must watch. I freaking love it.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Anyway, he was one of the first to offer a low carb diet plan, but no one really new the term "low carb" at the time. I was beginning to get that middle age spread, so I eagerly tried the diet, and found it really worked for me. They didn't sell food or books or give it fancy names. It was just a list of things to eat and things to avoid. Looking back at the Atkins and So Beach diets, and any number of other catchy name diets, they were all exactly what Jack LaLanne promoted all those years ago.
Since I’ve had a bunch of issues since I had covid (coincidence? Dunno) I’ve tried to improve controllable things with my health. Food(nutrition)- doing better. Exercise- need to up my game. Unhealthy habits- I’ve curtailed sugar further, backed off some other stuff.
My belly is round; after covid I jumped to 190#. I had less energy, blood sugar high, winded easily.
I’ve been reading up on nutrition and a healthy diet. Totally realize now that the “healthy” food groups, types, and servings they made us study and memorize in school is two things: 1) not a natural healthy diet because it is the primary cause of obesity, a primary cause of the widening occurrence of type2 diabetes, and is not how healthy well-fed humans were eating; and 2) promotes processed foods and high carbohydrate diets. Basically it promotes foods primarily of benefit to the mega food-packaging corporations. But not a benefit to our health.
The food people ate for many hundreds of years before 1980 is actually healthier and produces less body fat storage than a ‘recommended’ diet and was mostly grown by individuals for self consumption.

I’ve dropped 8# and starting to feel better.
The last two years of the ‘new’ job which involves many hours per day of driving has curbed my exercise and curbed my health.
went all in a few years ago on zero carbs, 20 gm/day may and not cheating with "net carbs" or anything else and lost 60 lbs in almost no time. never had sleep issues.
It’s hard to eat with no carbs.
i love pasta, bread is beautiful stuff :(

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I know what you mean. I've transitioned back and forth between pre diabetes and for a short while diabetes. Ten years ago a normal helping of rice for example was half of the dinner plate. And other similar excesses with carbs. I have to eat a good amount of green vegetables though to offset a lifelong vitamin K deficiency that my maternal half sister also had. I ended up discovering the "plate planner" method of eating where 1/4 of the plate is carbs, 1/4 protein, and 1/2 veggies. It helped. Now at age 70 its getting harder to keep up the exercise routines. Because of back injuries that affect walking and prohibit running its now bicycling. Which I used to love, but now kind of look for excuses not to ride.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
70 is young
F do not find excuses not to ride

my great uncle Gordon Ivester was shot a couple times in WW2. He drove from Waltham Mass to visit family in Oregon and Socal at 94 years old.
He had three careers.
He walked miles every day. Died just short of 100 of a ‘hat attack.’

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
It’s hard to eat with no carbs.
i love pasta, bread is beautiful stuff :(
Wish I had a dollar for every hamburger that I ate with a knife and fork, after throwing the bun away. Or taco sans tortilla. Traveling makes eating well hard to do.

Reactions: jbolty

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I agree, 70 is young. Except for my sisters who have both passed away ( paternal half sister 13 years older than me and maternal half sister 14 years older) both sides of my family were very long lived. It's come down to just a motivational issue. Despite the back problems which of late have made it more difficult to get up and down to work on stuff it never bothered me riding motorcycles all over the eastern half of the US or riding bicycles. Long trips in a car kill me though. Go figure.

30361 - 30380 of 30856 Posts