Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
I ran my 4.5 in of lift on 31's for about 5 months till had I had the money to upgrade all the other necessary things(regear, SYE, 8.8, wheels, tires). It didn't look that terrible :laugh:

Just have a plan ahead of time before you do anything.
I have the opposite issue, 35's and not enough lift, gonna have to trim more off the back.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
I've had a day and a half to free to work on the jeep but I've spent it in bed sick as a dog. I hate wasted time. I went out back to look at my dog and realized I was still too weak to lift a half inch wrench, this sucks. Quality problems?

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
Am I a bad person for building the YJ exactly how I wanted Wheeled it for a year or so n now I haven't had it on a decent trail in a year n a half? Let alone drive it much at all. It just sits under a shade tree all day looking sadder n sadder each day. I feel guilty that I have this badass YJ n never really use the thing.
Yes you're a terrible person, give me your jeep. I know the feeling, I lost the bug, sold my rigs, then started kicking myself and now starting over again.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
@shaggyjim how do you like those Genright fenders? I am over my Metalcloaks and have been keeping my eyes out for replacements. I want something without a flare so PSC is at the top of the list.
What's wrong with the flare?I thought it gave you more wheel room for articulation?

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
On an aftermarket "tube" fender? Nah it's all about tire coverage for mud and water spray.
Yeah mines not a daily and I don't deal with those elements so much in socal. I was looking at these from CCfab, still up in the air if I want that much off the fender or not.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
Pretty sure our CHP is going to have an issue with that. Way too much tire exposed. The CHP is pretty easy going with most mods IMO, but if you stick that in their face they will have to come down on it.
Yeah that sits in the back of my mind and I should give it more thought.

That's not a YJ, Paul

Get it outta here!!!!
Fixed it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
Small d-rings.

The issue with the PSC is battery relocation and you have to get creative with all the tanks and stuff bolted to the fenders. You run out of room. :(
thats another good point, I've seen some nice fenders that you don't have to remove the whole inner well, I think the ccfabs.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
I hope I'm not the only one...but. Have any of you clicked on a thread that you thought might be interesting then read the first post and was just like "nope already sounds like a waste of time"
Maybe
Well, everyone comes here at their own level of knowledge and some questions may sound trivial to one and interesting to another. Just a matter of sorting out trolls.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,783 Posts
Alright, I'll ask the dumb question for the ones who don't get out of the house enough...
What the h*** does FIFY stand for?

I'm feeling left out here:frown2:
thank you, I was too shy to ask :nerd:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts