Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 809 Posts

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
Not looking forward to that in any way then...

Maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.

But also... maybe they just pop right in? After doing a bunch of research over the last few months I still have no idea lol. Apparently I have more reading to do. I don't really hear many people talking about how difficult the bushings were to install or anything. But it is something that frightens me. I don't want to get stuck paying the nearby shop $50 each to press them in or anything...
I have used a BFH before - not as much fun as it sounds. DO you have a ball joint press kit? I happen to remember somewhere during installing new bushings on the second spring that i just happen to own one. The last three went smooth.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
There are JKU's and UGLY cherokee's (not the Grand) littering all of Canada currently. It's a pretty bad state of affairs. I just want to know who designed the front end of that new Cherokee. dang that's one ugly biatch. Why did they have to distinguish it from the Grand Cherokee in that way?

Man it looks like any other SUV out there (name it).

Workmanship, design, style, pride in product is at an all-time low, and steadily declining. Is it no wonder as to why? Humans have generally become passive about everything. The corporate fat cats can load their trough with anything knowing that they're going to lick it up and ask for more. And pay a pretty dime to do it. The human spirit is dwindling.

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
I've heard of this before... it must have been on TV or something, I'm curious if anyone's ever done it for real. but then again maybe the gears would chew it up, so long as it didn't get too bunched up...idk. I think I'd take the time to pour it back in like normal for piece of mind.

Welcome to the weekend everybody!

:cheers:
That is RED hot... in great shape! :drool:

The girl standing in it is fantastic too! :teehee:

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
Everything ok? Must have been something crazy loud to wake you 30 minutes afterward... The house better be on fire if anything/anyone wakes me anyway. It's not easy being old. :laugh:
Everything's fine...

I just simply mentioned that I had to look into some wiring in the morning.

I cooked the steak after it thawed on my face with a beer and tackled the wiring. At that point - I might as well have because I would be spending the night on the couch anyways. :D

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
i recall when the announcement went out, quite a few members couldn't even bother to read the damn thread and kept inquiring about HOW it happened. I get it - humans, always curious.

Finding out why or how isn't really important - it actually deflects attention away from the 'what'. The what: Nick is gone. Simple. Desperately seeking to know 'how' or 'why' doesn't change a damn thing other than satisfying the curiosity which would in turn only provide closure. Why would we want that closure? to just simply move on? Slap a decal on your jeep and that's that?

FOr the people directly affected - family. I can understand how such a death would torment the remainder of their existence. For them, that closure is necessary to lead a somewhat normal and relatively happy existence before their wick burns out. For me, i never inquired and nor do i still know what happened - i'd like to keep it that way. His words , knowledge, and delightful personal character was what made the man - not his death or how it happened. I'd prefer to have his memory stored as he was on the f12, not how or why he's not here anymore.

Not to say i dont care how it happened.... i just dont think its necessary to know. I wouldn't want closure on the man, i wouldn't want to move on. He was a small part of my life on this forum and provided me with some big moments of valuable advice.

...to each their own. R.I.P Nick

·
Moderation in Moderation
1995 YJ Wrangler SE
11,642 Posts
The fastback softops are kick-arse.

If I wasn't born dumb, I'd have a manufacturing company.
I would make fasback soft tops for cheap, replacement sliding side windows for the hard tops, and a top that retracted like a convertible.

I'd be so rich, I'd hire people to breathe for me.
:laugh:

i'd definitely invest (in the company that is, i already have a fast back top)

1 - 20 of 809 Posts