Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
I agree with Xpress that the "what you did..." thread should be a sticky since its nothing but little modifications done to our yjs on a daily basis not worthy of starting its own thread to clutter up and drop more important threads down. While I agree with poke that the "You know you own a..." is definitely a chit chat type of thread and doesnt need to be a sticky.

Why are stickys the devil? Dont like to be organized and convenient? I can see too much of a good thing can be bad but I dont feel that it was over board, maybe just drop a couple of them. Im sure Ill get used to the new setup, but for now it seems like more clicking and searching.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
My hard top...
ARGH.
It is supposed to be black. It is white(the fiber glass is white, snow white) underneath the black. The black isn't as thick, opaque or black as it was 25 years ago.
I went out and got some spray...Turtle wax 2001 protectant... and wiped a good coat of it on the top.
It looks a lot blacker, more even, and ...better.
Only temporary though, will last about a month.

Is there a product or method for keeping these fiber glass tops from suffering the ravages of time?
Spray paint!:thumbsup:

I have to clean up my hardtop before next winter too. Has all sorts of scratches and white showing through every where

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Things are a lot easier to understand when you can physically move them around with your hands and see firsthand what the stupid diagrams are trying to explain.
x2

I was a little worried about doing the SYE when I was reading the instructions and write ups online but once I had it infront of me, I realized I made a bigger deal of it than it was

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Anyone else have email issues? IE thread subscriptions? I only get them randomly...

I know about the Comcast issue, so I set up a gmail account and then forward those to my Comcast and still only spotty emails... example, I got 3 of the 10 posts in WDYDTYYJ in the last 16 hrs

Both my gmail and comacst...

Anyone? Moderators?
Lucky! I wish I could stop them, I have literally thousands of emails from jeepforum telling me someone posted something somewhere. I KNOW already! Im on here all the time looking for new posts lol

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
when You subscribe to threads there is an option for email updates which defaults to a yes unless you choose no.

I believe you can go into your settings and stop the emails from threads.
Yeap, and I have it set to "No email notification". The only thing I would like to receive an email notification for are private messages.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts