Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Hey, I got a question: the mechanic I was talking to today said that late-model '95 Wranglers came with coil springs up front from the factory. He was very sure of himself. He implied that they may have been '96 Wranglers that were sold as '95 Wranglers because '96 was a conversion year: Jeep was busy tooling up for the TJ and rolled a few half-TJ's off the line.

I think he's nuts. Is he?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Question guys. Is there a vent by the steering whell i can close like in my old chevs? I put the air cowl piece on cuz i heard it helped airflow but driving down the highway i get so much air flow coming through by the steering wheel (not through the heater core) that the heater on hi cant keep up. And its only in the 30's. We get to -30 sometime and thats not gonna cut it! Gonna take a closer look today but figured id ask
Are you talking about the air that leaks through the front corner of the soft upper door? You can't really do anything about that without tape, but that'd mess up your paint. You should also check the defrost diverter. Could be that it's stuck open.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
4.5 hours from start to finish. 4.0 head gasket replacement in my driveway. Runs like a top now. First one I've ever done.

*pats myself on my back*
The head gasket usually blows for a reason. You're supposed to take the head to a machine shop and check for warpage. If you don't, it's just going to blow again.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Haha. College was a long experience for me too. I took the six and a half year route...and ended with a 2.5 average and a political science degree..not one of my better efforts.

:rofl:
I wasted six years in community college. I ended up with an A.A. degree in graphic design.

I'm horrible at graphic design. At least my GPA was pretty good. Kind of hard to fail graphic classes.

Sounds like we like college about the same. :D

1 - 20 of 879 Posts