Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1202 Posts

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I like how my thread is considered under the nonsense category.

This is basically Yj non tech. I think there should be an entire section like the XJ guys have without being wrangler general discussion.

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I think the lines need to be redefined as to what is tech and what isn't. The question was where to buy something which is technically non tech along with asking how much the jeep is worth. But it could be construed as tech and I would answer it.

I really think we need another section along with /f12/ like a /f121/ directory where we can have dedicated Yj non tech where we get answers from Yj folks and not mixups from the tj crowd. Educated as they may be, they're not driving the same vehicle. I don't post about their jeeps value and expect them to not post about mine. If they were local it would be a toss up though.

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I know. But the question was how much to buy it. Not what it does. I was making a suggestion for the entire section in this reform and in the process failed to also answer your question.

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I'm also a tad surprised that 6-7 stickies are considered "too much." i've been to other forums (covering a varied range of subjects) in which it's not uncommon to see 14-20 stickied posts.

Additionally, the YJOTM threads are also not "technically" technical threads, either.
They're not technical at all but I begged and pleaded that they be stickied at one point so that that wouldn't be lost in the abyss of Yj tech and then we would have only one contestant instead of six.

Even more of a reason to have a Yj non tech section. Should we all send Keith a PM? :nono: I'm pretty sure it would get me banned for the idea. How about a thread in the announcements and comments section?

EDIT: thread started

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/any-chance-yj-non-tech-section-1391228/#post13843251

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I disagree on the build threads but also don't see a reason to debate it.
You're right. The build threads have their own section outside of the Yj realm.

I think that's probably true. Need a better solution for those, see below.

The "what did I do today" thread gets a fair amount of posts so it probably should be put back as its own stickie. Everyone seems to like the idea of a Chat thread so that should probably stay as is then maybe one more container added for the other non-tech posts.

The reality is that the definition of "tech" is pretty loose. Essentially anything that requires a tool of any kind or sandpaper is tech.

The problem with stickies in general is if there are too many then they are no longer special or receive any extra attention. Plus as I mentioned earlier the entire front page was taken up by stickies at one point leaving room for only about 3-4 regular threads before having to go to page 2.

A few of the mod threads like seats, junkyard mods and wheels and tires have only had a post or two in a month but they are valuable enough in my opinion to have grouped at the top of the page in the Mod super thread.

Lets get some more feedback over the rest of the day.

Right now I'm thinking this for the stickies, in no particular order

Chat thread
YJ Mods
YJOTM
FAQ
RULES
what I did today

Then maybe one more as a container for the non tech stuff that is YJ specific.

Thoughts.
I don't think the yjotm needs to be stickied per say unless you're going to just add to the current super thread so the current contest phase thread can be bumped around in general population.

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I'm good with it. There is a place for everything. I like that there are links to all the important threads in the sticky section but the threads can bounce around as needed. There is also the "My Replies" button up top if you guys need to keep up with what's going on in the threads you're helping out or being helped. It, along with the "View First Unread" are the most important tools on the whole site

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
That's tech related. My check valve is on the tank far away from the compressor. I don't know if my thinking is wrong but with that many connections there may be a leak somewhere

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
So...
Non tech talk....

My oba.
A belt driven Saneen custom modded for oba. An Extreme air.
Besides the point.
It leaks. A 2 1/2 gallon tank, 2 locker connects, a tire fillup connect and a gauge with the connecting parts all soft copper 3/8 inch tubing.
I will fill it up to 105 psi and it looses about 15 psi in 1/2 hour and will recycle the compressor without me using any air.
Can/t find the leak. I sprayed the connectors with soapy water and got no bubbles.

My thinking- the check valve is leaking. it is mounted close to the compressor and gets real hot. The check valve HAS to be as close to the compressor as it can...Right?

Do I go spending time and money on a 15psi leak in 1/2 hour?
I've found that I have the same problem. Did you get yours fixed?

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I've got my check valve 12 feet away from the compressor and I'm still having leaking problems. I just can't pinpoint where though. Perhaps a little soapy water will tell.

I know I have a leak before the check valve but it shouldn't matter because my pressure valve is connected to the tank at the inlet hose. Jeepster: which check valve did you go with? Perhaps it's faulty like mine

·
RIP one good jeeper
20,445 Posts
I'm surprised how often I use my hi lift jack actually. I've only used it on the jeep once and it did the job but around the farm, it gets used at least once a day if not twice.

Any of you guys use a port o power?

1 - 20 of 1202 Posts