Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
^^ i'd dig a fairly wide hole, drop in cement for foundation and utilize a VERY fat piece of solid square metal stock as the base of your mailbox. Next vehicle that hits your box..... well, he isn't getting very far.
A large traffic cone filled with cement is fun as well. Off to the side of the road... conspicuously beckoning irresponsible drivers.>:)

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Nothing will happen except a slow continued decline as cheap imported labor, automation, banking manipulation and globalization takes it's toll.

We didn't really need those jobs at US Steel or Zenith, we can be clerks at Petsmart!

At a certain point our Jeeps will become useless on the road as automated driving takes hold. I forsee a day when people will no longer be in control of their cars and it ain't far off.

Have a nice day! :)
I see that every day on the road Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Exacly Google and tesla especially are making some very fast headway on self driving cars. I'll never own one, because I won't be able to trust them
For sure! Get some life insurance before you drive one. Have you seen the photos of Google's test lot/wrecking yard or picked up a fire proof suit to drive the Tesla yet?>:)

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I stopped riding motorcycles on the road.
The Jeep is now my motorcycle.
I was broadsided (hard) a few years back and have an artificial elbow, it sucks, and still need both shoulders and my collarbone fixed.
I'm done. Most people really suck at driving.

Self driving cars are right around the corner.
To those who think they will resist, I foresee insurance companies doing the forcing financially. That's just my opinion.

. :)
My brother was sitting at a stoplight in Denver and got rear ended by some ******* on a phone. It wasted his Harley and both shoulders as well. It was the second time for him, and I quit riding after that.
I'm sure self driving cars are soon to be deployed and the sooner we can get the sheeple into them the better.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
How did the Jeep feel pulling the camper? I was thinking about a 13' Scamp for mine but I picked up a Ram 2500 a bit ago so now I'm thinking a small slide in and trailer for the Jeep. It sure looks like you had more fun then I did this week end.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
New UPS rant.

Sent a next day air package to a relative in Denver.
Sent Thursday arrived Monday.

Regular USPS would have been there Saturday.

UPS sucks.
Ha! That's nothing, once I got a package from FedEx that was so beat up that when I opened it another smaller package that wasn't intended for me fell out of it!:surprise:

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
OK I'm going to put on my /f12 sticker today and I'm wondering were they will look best. I kinda want them on the fender area. So above the Jeep logo? On the fender behind the flair? By the cowling seam? Opinions welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I'm not sure if it will help Mr.B but I would think it would be like brake system and if you can find a clutch master with a smaller bore it will be easer for her to pull. I have never looked into it because the clutch on my Harley isn't a problem for me to pull. I wonder if you put a fish scale on it what it would say. I will ask some of the bikers at work tomorrow and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
The EPA has RUINED diesels.
Check your exhaust filter and blinker fluid used to be a joke.
Now exhaust filters are still a joke but not at all funny.

The get HOT constantly. The floors are always smokin hot.
As soon as you get up to speed, they start dumping diesel into the exhaust to heat up the filters.
They suck, all of them.

Eventually the filters will clog.

Truck Trend magazine calls it "The $8000 disaster"
and
"The Time Bomb Under Your Diesel"

I bought the last Ford before this mess & have to make it last.
Way to crush my hopes and dreams dude......:crying: Oh well I guess I'll stick with a dumpy old 5.3 for an engine swap.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Ok, just got back from the camping trip.
Weather was perfect except for last night, got down in the mid 40's.
Had a camper full of people who defected from their tents. We were not prepared for cold. They had a thin blanket and t shirts.
We had 8 people in a camper that sleeps 5. I never used the heater before, but it worked. (lucky)

Me and my kid were the only Jeeps. The rest hiked (I call hiking... walking) and a couple people had mtn bikes (I call pedaling and sweating)

This trail starts 10 mins from my house. We gained over a mile of elevation.
Some parts are steep.
It's hazy from fires.
Looks like a beautiful trail. Not a bad place to live by.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
That was a funny three pages guys. I'm sure the poor thing was on the carpet when I took it out of the garage to work on the jeep. It was in the shadow of the tape when I first brushed by hand over it and noticed it. It was just running for cover and kind balled up when I touched it. It only got aggressive when I moved the tape for the photo. I deal with these guys most every day at work in the transformers I work on and they do there best to stay out of your way. Snakes are another of one of the surprises I get to deal with so I'm getting desensitized to the creepy crawlies. I have on several occasions had widows crawl on me like the photo's of the one on the hand with no ill effect. I do kill the widows around the house because of the kids but most spiders I just let be. Still It made for a fun photo that I wanted to share with you!>:)

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Alice is running like a champ.

Exactly 105 miles from Provo Utah, the CEL comes on and from the random stutters, I know it's the TPS. The same code and symptoms I had two weeks ago when I replaced it with a new one.

Nearest autozone is 105 miles away in Provo.
That's a drag. You weren't that far from me. I would have ran over to say hi if I had known you were on your way by. I have got the point were I don't get switches or sensors from autozone. I've still had good luck with Napa but other then that its getting to be OEM if I can.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Hahah

Here's my extended family in an ice cave under the Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska. We rowed a native canoe across a 3 mile lake the long way and trekked across the glacier to the cave.

View attachment 3026449

View attachment 3026457

View attachment 3026465

The wife and I on the glacier. We wore metal spikes. Very cool day.

View attachment 3026425
It also looks like you were rocking Extratuff's on your feet. Alaska's brown and yellow fantastic fashion footwear!:grin2:

1 - 20 of 478 Posts