Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you read right... im tired of listening to all the YJ TJ and CJ pricks give me **** about my unibody.. so its gettin cut off and really big **** is gettin hung off it :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

THE PLAN:
SB 350 engine
TH400 tranny
twinstick 205 t-case
kingpin dana 60 front
dana 70HD rears
double triangulated 4 links front and rear
39.5x13.5x16.5 IROKs

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Heres some pics...

Heres right after i rolled it into the shop.. i had already started cutting the floor out.. i was using this jeep to mock up my 4 link on..

already cut the floor out for a different project..

started strippin it...

2/3 of day one is gone and its already a chop top...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
more picutres...

got the rear end out..

got the engine tranny and transfercase out...

this is a temporary cart i built to keep it mobile...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
obviously i let one slip.. i cut all the unibody off before i built that cart..
so heres some pics of me cutting the unibody out of the jeep..

started with the front

moved onto the uniframe rails.. cut the whole floor out really..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
started guttin the dash..
wont be needing this anymore..

broke the windshield in the process, damnit.. oh well, where this thing is headed, WILL NOT be the last lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Kenbo.. keep your eyes peeled later today.. i'll try and get all the pics i have of the build so far up on here so everyone can check it out and hopefully be able to give me advise when i ask for it..
im gunna need a little help setting up my front 3 link..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
alright.. time for the frame build...

gettin the front bent up...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now obviously since the unibody is apart of the floor... the floor got cut out too.. so time to make a new floor.. heres what i did..
i cut the floor all the way out to about an inch away from the rocker.. then i welded some 1"x1/8 wall angle iron to the rocker and what was left of the old floor.. this will give me a solid mounting surface to mount my floor to..

pics... enjoy...

folded up the floor pan on the sheet metal brake.. i am using 14G steel for the floor..

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
looking good, why not just build a buggy your 90% there. i wish i started as a buggy instead of chopping up a good YJ, but i understand.

keep up the good work.

jason.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking good, why not just build a buggy your 90% there. i wish i started as a buggy instead of chopping up a good YJ, but i understand.

keep up the good work.

jason.
haha cuz im a stubborn sonova***** lol
theres a guy in my local 4WD club thats the biggest prick in the world.. he hates cherokee's.. and i love them.
i realize this is basically a buggy with a XJ tin all around it.. started as an XJ though.. we'll see where it ends up..
i slid the axles under it the other day just to get an idea of wheel base.. its lookin to be 110" with 39.5" tall tires..
to legit to quit =)

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
haha cuz im a stubborn sonova***** lol
theres a guy in my local 4WD club thats the biggest prick in the world.. he hates cherokee's.. and i love them.
i realize this is basically a buggy with a XJ tin all around it.. started as an XJ though.. we'll see where it ends up..
i slid the axles under it the other day just to get an idea of wheel base.. its lookin to be 110" with 39.5" tall tires..
to legit to quit =)
trust me im with you, i think it will look killer when its done. i like the fact your using a 70HD, that tells me its a XJ skinned but your not going to hold back:2thumbsup:

sticking with the factory gears or you going deep. i mean you have the option to as alow as 6.17's. that would get those 39's spining.

keep up the good work whats the plan for tube inside the shell.

jason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A few weeks ago I said to myself what would it take to put a frame under my cherokee....This thing is going to be amazing. I will be checking back daily.:cheers2:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup this isn't even all the pictures.. i just got sick of copy pasting from photo bucket haha but i do plan on 5.13s someday.. along with a 203 205 doubler..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you really love cherokees. Keep up the good work and dont forget the K.I.S.S method.
you'd be very surprised how many times i say that in my head when im buildin this beezee.. keep it simple stupid for those who dont know what the K.I.S.S. method id

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SO.. was doing some figuring today.. talkin to a couple friends on the phone.. then i got to thinkin so i made a few mock control arms for the front.. i started with a 43" long lower than took 70% of that to make my upper with came out to be 30".. i was lookin at them for placement and oil pan, starter and driveshaft clearance and it looks like i've got TONS of room for a double triangulated front.. this is awesome because no need for a track bar!!!! and its alot stronger than my original plan of a 3 link.. we'll see how it turns out..

1 - 20 of 469 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.