Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first upload to the forums here. so I have a 94 cherokee 4.0l and A short while ago my jeep developed a condition where it continues to run after taking the key out and the quickest way to kill it is to unplug the coil or dump the clutch. I can turn the keyswitch off and take the key out, and it still runs and sounds the same. i can put the key back in and drive away so its not dieseling or having run on. I have changed the ignition switch to no avail, and have pulled the alternator fuse while running with the key out also to no avail. I have noticed once I dump the clutch to kill the engine the parking brake light stays on. also in the rare occurance it actually does turn off with the key, if I wait a couple mins I can hear the fuel pump prime itself and that brake light comes on. Really not sure where it could be backfeeding from or what my next step should be. Help me jeep gods

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved!!

So the issue ended up being the flasher, i know its very strange and as far as the laws of jeep physics go it shouldn't affect the vehicle the way it did but, it did. So yeah, another piece of the build checked off

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 02 TJ. Doesn't do it every time but once I dump clutch and kill it then seconds later it will cut off as if you did it with the key. Tried different ignition switches/ pulled alternator wire while engine running and didn't kill engine. Interested in hearing more about the flasher issue that GOLDENXJ1 had....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.