Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $370
Rating 4
Pros Good looks, Tough plastic, a little extra clearance
Cons have to re-use factory mounting hardware (plastic nutplates on TJ), flares sag slightly after being exposed to prolonged sunlight
Recommended yes

Comments: Flare gave me a little extra clearance, which was the main thing I liked. Currently run 35's on 1.25"BL with 2.5" suspension lift and have no clearance problems.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Price $450
Pros great styling
tough but pliable
Cons marker lights
Recommended yes

Comments: I love the look that these flat flares give my YJ. The material that they are made of is tough to hold it's shape but also pliable enough to give when hitting an obstacle that they won't tear away from your fender. The only downside to these is way the marker lights are mounted. It has a retaining strip that is made out of the same material as the flare. If you don't use a high quality screw that will not rust or strip out you will have to cut the retaining strip out to replace the marker bulb. I had to cut it out and then fab up a mount out of L brackets that screwed into the hard plastic form on the underside of the flare.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Price $424
Pros Flat, D.O.T. Light, simple to install
Cons Seems like they could have done better with the side light. Perhaps a simple L.E.D. set-up or a bracket that reused the factory bulb holder.
Recommended yes

Comments: Just installed them, They look great. The material seems as flexible and strong as the stock parts. If are not ready to do a true fender swap these might be just what your looking for. I chose these over the Bushwackers because they installed like the stock parts and I think they have factory fit and finished look to them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Price $753
Rating 2
Pros Gives more clearance for bigger tires. Seems flexible enough in case it rubs. Mine provided 1.6" wider than stock. I've since rubed them a few times on trees and they seem to be flexing instead of breaking.
Cons Finish is laughable and product is overprice for the quality level. Instructions are also lacking details. Drilling is required for the rear fenders and the "rivet tool" is dangerous for your paint job. I had to do a few trips to the store because of the incomplete and unsatisfactory hardware provided.
Recommended no

Comments: Mine was the 1.6" wider than stock for the JK. It covered the 305/70R16 BFG AT's completely, with 4" of B.S.

I copied this from another review as it is dead on:

Xenon gives you most of the parts for the side marker lamps (really cheesy) but you still have to assemble them, supply a length of wire and a connector, and you have to drill the posts in the fender wells to screw them in. For what you pay for these fenders, they should provide completely assembled side marker lamps, with proper wiring, and drilled the mounting posts in the flares. These posts are difficult to drill and I don't know what remedy you have should you screw one up. Finish of the flares is sub-par. Most of the flashing from the molding process is ground off on the inside of the flares but the openings for the side marker lamps are not real clean - I took an exacto knife to mine and improved them considerably. Again, for the price, you shouldn't have to do this. I did not have any trouble fitting my fenders to the jeep and the holes all lines up pretty well. There is a little room for adjustment and the flares can be flexed pretty well into position before you tighten them down.

I can't imagine why Xenon will not upgrade their design to provide a better finish and mounted, fully wired, LED's

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.