Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrangler Unlimited - Soft and hard top leak. The door leaks bad at the drivers side door right before it starts the turn down the door. The water seems to run right down the seam where the roofs connect to the windshield and dumps out into the door. The service manager is saying there is nothing they can do about it and that is the way it is designed. I can not believe Jeep would design the car to have such a water problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Join the club -- I'd say about half the JK owners here have the same problem, myself included. Try different dealerships to get different points of view, and keep track of every visit you make and keep whatever form they give you. They will come in handy if and when you pursue the lemon law in your state.

Also, file a complaint or two with the nhtsa on their website making sure to mention what dealership you bought it from and the VIN number.

Here's a link to a site with a bunch of TSB and recall data for jeeps.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/04/070406fF.html

Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
yup, i woke up this morning to some water on my passenger side door. i took off the 2 pieces of the hard top over the front and replaced them. maybe i had a bad seal, but i'll see next time it rains. im suprised it did that, it looks like it has pretty good weatherstripping in that area

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer says they fixed it

But as I sit here typing this, there is a big old soggy downpour going on outside - lets just see if I have to go back to the services manager to discuss the situation :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I've got my fingers crossed mine will not leak......I pulled the hard top off on Monday and put the soft top on...Based on the way my soft top lined up at the door seams I dare say its going to leak come first rain.... :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wrangler Unlimited - Soft and hard top leak. The door leaks bad at the drivers side door right before it starts the turn down the door. The water seems to run right down the seam where the roofs connect to the windshield and dumps out into the door. The service manager is saying there is nothing they can do about it and that is the way it is designed. I can not believe Jeep would design the car to have such a water problem.
I'm having the same problem with my 2016 Jeep with a soft top and I got the same response from Lahti's Jeep in Leominster ma did you ever get them to fix it and if so what did you say

1 - 10 of 10 Posts