Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase an 81 CJ8 that is about 6 hours away from me. The seller sent a bunch of pics and some videos. I'll gladly make the trip, but I thought I'd see if any of y'all had some initial impressions:

Thank you!

·
Registered
1974 Jeep CJ-6
6,023 Posts
What do you want to do with it? Quite built up and ready to wheel as it sits it looks like. HP60 front narrowed, 70 rear, spring over, flipped dana 300, sbc, auto. Any specs on what is in the axles? Ratio, lockers? Looks well done, but not a beginners Jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you want to do with it? Quite built up and ready to wheel as it sits it looks like. HP60 front narrowed, 70 rear, spring over, flipped dana 300, sbc, auto. Any specs on what is in the axles? Ratio, lockers? Looks well done, but not a beginners Jeep.
Honestly, I love the look of this truck. I won’t take it off road. I just want something fun to drive locally to drop kids off at school and practices. They’re asking like $17,500. I’ve seen these things for $30k+, but I don’t know enough to know if there are trouble spots from the photos/videos.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is my 2 cents.

Looks like a fun Jeep, it has a pretty good parts list on it. Its a SOA suspension with YJ springs it looks like to me. You will need an anti wrap bar if it doesnt have one. I tried to find one in the picutres but i wasnt successful. YJ springs are great and flex well (ride like a caddy!) but with any amount of torque with larger tires you will get pinion rise and leaf spring hop. Not great for the long term.

YJ springs tend to go negative arch after getting broken in, these look to be there. Relatively cheap to replace and they are easy to find.

The anti wrap bar will help even if you are just driving around town. Other than that, it looks to be in good shape

1 - 7 of 7 Posts