Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last thread started by ArloGuthroJeep got out of hand and is too far gone to bother cleaning it up. I am currently sifting through all 1,500+ posts of that thread and am using the posts that followed the rules for some FAQ threads.

Since the first thread is a mess, we're starting a new one that can be easily monitored. The rules will be the same as last time. If a post doesn't follow the rules, it will be deleted without question. If all criteria is met, the pictures/information will be considered for the FAQ threads.

Picture Details

Three specific pictures are ideal. More are allowed.

1) Profile picture (on level ground)
2) Head on picture (on level ground)
3) Flexed picture

Feel free to submit duplicates of a lift/tire combo. All will be considered.

Requirements

1) Photos
2) Full lift specs (name of lift and the EXACT components installed)
3) Tire/Wheel combo used.
4) Any "non-standard" mods (such as trimming (how much), excessive bump stops, etc...)

We will evaluate and move posts as they are submitted.

Thanks!

Edit (2/13/15):

Per request, here are the links to the picture threads. These links can also be found in the FAQ.

0" - 2" Lifted WJ Grand Cherokees - Picture Thread

2.5" - 3.5" Lifted WJ Grand Cherokees - Picture Thread

4" - 4.5" Lifted WJ Grand Cherokees - Picture Thread

5"+ Lifted WJ Grand Cherokees - Picture Thread

·
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TEMPLATE

Lift:

Wheels:

Tires:

Additional Information:

Images

·
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EXAMPLE

Lift: OME HD Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Adjustable Track Bar, Zone Extended Rear End Links, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, New Spring Isolators, IRO Front Upper Coil Spring Retainers

Wheels: OEM Silverblade #1 with 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Tires: 245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

Additional Information: Minimal front fascia trimming was needed to eliminate rubbing while turning/backing. Flexing while disconnected will require a little more front fascia trimming.

The following two flex pictures were taken with the sway bars connected.

·
Registered
307 Posts
2" suspension lift

Fat Bobs Garage
2.5" Fr/ 2.0" Rr lift - springs and shocks

XD Rockstar 17"X 9"
BFGoodrich Allterrain KO2 245/65r17

No trimming, no limiting strap needed, no disconnects needed. no track bar needed.

Not happy with lift, only had for 4 to 5 months and have to replace all but one shock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hmmm...

2.5" Rusty's HD Lift Springs
Bilstein 5100s lengthed for a 4.5" Lift :D
33x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs
stock 16" Silverblades
2" Wheel Spacers in the rear 1.5" in the front
High Clearance bumper trim, ZJ Washer bottle mod to clear front passenger tire, trimming on the inner front wheel well and rear wheel wells, and rolled the lips of my fenders (i refuse to cut them)

Hopefully i can get some better pics to update my post

·
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@acgenrich6777, @JohnnyBertone, and @Wjadam - When I moved your posts, I missed clicking a box causing your pictures to vacate the premises.

Will you please edit your posts here and add your pictures again?

Sorry about that!

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is my 04 overland with upcountry springs, 2 inch spacers, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, wrangler takeoffs with 265/70/17 bfg rugged terrains. It trimmed the front bumper, and have very minor rubbing in the rear when flexing.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is my 04 overland with upcountry springs, 2 inch spacers, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, wrangler takeoffs with 265/70/17 bfg rugged terrains. It trimmed the front bumper, and have very minor rubbing in the rear when flexing.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Opps, I forgot to attach the pics.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Very nice!! Would like to see more, you have a build thread on ya WJ?

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
  • RK 6.5" Lift with 2" Spacers
  • Irok Radials 36x13.5x17's
  • D60 Rear / D44 Front / Atlas II TC with 4.3:1 Low

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks, I never started a build thread on my 2000 WJ. Just a work in progress. Actually I did most of it all at once. I guess I had about $10,000 in a tax return to go towards it. it was money well spent. I actually sold my 2000 and missed it so much I Just purchased a 99 WJ and am starting to build it up. This one will go much slower. I don't have the funds to do all the work at once. I loved how my last one came out I am going to try to duplicate it. One thing I found out is RK doesn't make lifts for the WJ anymore. So I had to switch to the Clayton LA 6" and I am in the process of adding 2" spacers. I liked the Irok Radials so I am working on getting them to fit with only trimming the bumpers and maybe the the area right behind the front tires. I am going with the Atlas again with 4.3:1 low. I have the V8 with the D44a rear. I have trussed the rear. I just need to add stronger axles, lockers, and gears. Like I said, work in progress. I will start a build thread somewhere. Is there a place to start a build thread on this forum?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
@TnC
Yea you can put it under either the WJ Grand Cherokee sub-forum, or the GRand Cherokee, there is even a Build Thread sub-forum under one of the categories, but I'm brainfarting can't remember what it is under....lol
You can't go wrong with Clayton products, very nicely made! And the Atlas is a beast!
Building them is half the fun! Then go get muddy and watch your work pay off....lol
Welcome to the forum BTW!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
  • RK 6.5" Lift with 2" Spacers
  • Irok Radials 36x13.5x17's
  • D60 Rear / D44 Front / Atlas II TC with 4.3:1 Low

Very nice......photos look weird though.....just a bit too perfect.....almost like stills from an animation!! Prob just the effect of your camera.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice......photos look weird though.....just a bit too perfect.....almost like stills from an animation!! Prob just the effect of your camera.
Thanks. The photos might look a little too perfect (fake) because I enhanced them in post processing to also show details in the shadows. Where it should be dark under the vehicle now shows detail. Just gives the photo a little more POP effect, but allows you to see more. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
@TnC
Yea you can put it under either the WJ Grand Cherokee sub-forum, or the GRand Cherokee, there is even a Build Thread sub-forum under one of the categories, but I'm brainfarting can't remember what it is under....lol
You can't go wrong with Clayton products, very nicely made! And the Atlas is a beast!
Building them is half the fun! Then go get muddy and watch your work pay off....lol
Welcome to the forum BTW!
I have been a member for quite some time but mostly researching, not a lot of posting. I will search the forum for the WJ build thread sub forum. I love the Atlas. Never had any issues with it. I built up a NP231 with Tera 4:1 low and when I was playing in the snow I could not shift it anymore. I was told it was an easy fix, can't remember what they said it was, something like a shift fork or something to that affect. I decided to bite the bullet and just go with an atlas. Love it and never have had any issues. I can just have front wheel drive if I want. LOL I still have the NP231 with tera 4:1 low sitting in my garage. I was going to sell it but never got around to it..... It is all set up for a Grand cherokee with fixed yoke of course.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You guys recommend wheel spacers with the 2.5 lift? Ive been doing some reading on it, and came across an article that said wheel spacers mess with steering and handling. How true is that?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts