Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team every time I hit the gas low and high speeds I hear a noise coming from the rear and I believe it’s coming from the rear differential. Its a hum that does get annoying only when I accelerate It’s a 2001 WJ 4.0 Laredo. I am looking for a complete Rear Differential Rebuild Kit any suggestions please. My axles are in good condition so it’s just the differential all gears all bearing I am thinking… Many thanks in advance team.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pop the rear diff cover and have a look at the carnage if any. You might just get away with new carrier and pinion bearings. I had to replace the track-lok spider gears as well when I did mine.
I got both kits off of Amazon as well as my axle seals, bearings. Spicer kit for the Dana 35 10043621

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pop the rear diff cover and have a look at the carnage if any. You might just get away with new carrier and pinion bearings. I had to replace the track-lok spider gears as well when I did mine.
I got both kits off of Amazon as well as my axle seals, bearings. Spicer kit for the Dana 35 10043621
Thank you I have never performed this work I just figure if I am already in there after 200k miles on the same diff maybe it’s time to just redo it all vs just a few pieces. Something is bound to give after I fix a few items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts