Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i finished my cowl intake and finally got around to taking pictures of it, so tell me what u think.

i cut down the part of the box that doesnt hold the filter, i cut 1" away from both edges as you can see in the picture.

heres what the inside looks like i used blue sensor safe RTV and put 4 rivits in

i got this 90* elbow from intakehoses.com it was $20 shipped to my door its a 4" to 3" elbow

i had the old intake tube so i cut it down to make a shim because the intake tube is about 2 5/8" and i couldnt get the 3" 90* tube to fit on the intake tube.

heres what the shim and 90* tube looks like.

i dremeled out the intake tube so the air would flow better.

This is how it connects to the firewall, the little square notched part goes in the firewall wall so it doesnt fall out

and heres what the finished product looks like

and my plan is to wrap it all with this stuff Thermo-Tec : Thermo-Shield
so what do you guys think:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that some sort of heat shield under your intake manifold?
i believe so it came from the factory like that

any notice of an increase/decrease in power and mpg? Not expecting a major increase but have been interested and don't want a decrease
IMO there is more power and it sounds alot better and i gained about 1-1.5 mpg. i went from about 15-16 to 17 mpg on 4 tanks so its a pretty good gain imo

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice work....still looks stock except for the blue goop.....but looks good
Thank you, yeah that what a few people around town said but i think it looks kinda cool:D

Thank you for the information.
anytime if you have anymore question ill try to help:highfive:

The location under the hood, on the fenderwell :D
i took it out and put it on the shelf, your losin me here:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He means are there any plans to put something on the Jeep where the air box was (the shelf under the hood), not where did you put the air box after you took it out.
wow that was kinda embarrassing :rolleyes: i was thinking about just putting the stock box back in and using it for a tool box but thay was just an idea

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not to derail the thread but i dont want to start a new thread, so my question is should i have a 16 gallon tank or a 19 gallon tank cause i go pretty far with the fuel light on and i refill and i put in 16 or a little more, is there a way to check what tank i have?

·
Registered
525 Posts
if you look in the thread titled "stock specifications" in this forum it says all tj's from 99 up are 19 gallon, i don't think a rubi has a different tank but i could be wrong. it says all lj's also have a 19 gallon tank.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you look in the thread titled "stock specifications" in this forum it says all tj's from 99 up are 19 gallon, i don't think a rubi has a different tank but i could be wrong. it says all lj's also have a 19 gallon tank.
thanks i forgot to look there. so i guess i need to do the fuel tank mod:D

1 - 20 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.