Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally scored a 5.9 grille and hood for my 5spd zj but my problem is I'm running an older smittybilt xcr8 winch and I had the control box relocated and the plug for the controller mounted into the stock grill so it was flush mounted and look good. I can't bring myself to drill holes in this 5.9 grill so does anyone know if they sell a wireless setup that will work for my xrc8 winch?? If not I can extend the wiring and move the plug into the metal part of the bumper. It's sad someone scrapped a platinum 5.9 that ran and drove with 140k miles at my work it will be part of the pick a part yard
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1995 ZJ, 1998 ZJ
453 Posts
Well you should be able to use any wireless winch set up and retrofit it to work with your winch. It's really just a remote and the correct relays. I saw a YouTube on it once which I'll post if I can find it. Please don't drill holes in that grill.

·
Registered
1995 ZJ, 1998 ZJ
453 Posts
Here you go. Good olé Harbor Freight

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go. Good olé Harbor Freight
awesome thank you and no worries I won't drill holes in it a part of me would die inside hell I couldn't even bring myself to paint it to match my jeep so it's staying platinum lol it's a mint piece to I have the hood as well that's gonna go on my jeep soon to. I'll definitely be going yhe wireless route to update my winch alittle bit she's old lol. I need to modify the winch as well cuz when I pushed the bumper out to clear the grill I can't put my winch into free spool anymore lol so more fun to come. It turned out pretty good i love the look of the 5.9 grill.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
1995 ZJ, 1998 ZJ
453 Posts
Hey give it a try and post a review. I'd love to hear about your first hand experience.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey give it a try and post a review. I'd love to hear about your first hand experience.
Sure I'll post up pics of it as well once I figure out how to wire it up I'll post back how it works. The reviews I seen looked pretty decent for what it is. I loved the way my old winch control was mounted it was flush to the grill and look good but I refuse to cut up a 5.9 grill for that lol.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I received the wireless winch control and for as cheap as it was I'm kinda surprised that it's not super cheap feeling. Came with 2 removed seems ok im gonna try wiring it up tomorrow and see if I can manage to wire it up properly and see how it works .

·
Registered
1995 ZJ, 1998 ZJ
453 Posts
Great to hear! You could always upload to YouTube or Vimeo and post a link on here. It should show up in your post and we can then view it.

·
Registered
1995 ZJ, 1998 ZJ
453 Posts
Well that looks pretty straight forward. :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that looks pretty straight forward. :)
I pretty much just cut off my factory winch control plug wired it into that the only wire I needed to run separate was the ground which was easy enough it works great and took minutes to install. The only complaint I have is it has power all the time which I guess it did before with the factory setup as well I guess i could put a inline kill switch to it but other then that I'm happy with it. I'm still sad I wasn't able to rescue the 5.9 limited that came in sucks it came into my work when I was off so it went out to our pick a part yard sometimes I love my job but days like that I hate it cuz a rare jeep just died

1 - 14 of 14 Posts