Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had 21 inches of snow total.. and why couldnt i get my Jeep stuck... I drove the 4.0 for hours in the blizzard, drove in unplowed neighborhoods, up hills down hills everywhere today, not lifted just A/T tires and i couldnt get stuck... i tried..

i guess i fail

·
Banned
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it means anything i got the 5.9 stuck by running into snow as deep as my grill... but i managed to get it out rocking it in R and D for a second... i dunno....

I was expecting more.. I suck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Feel ya there. I was out pulling trucks out of the 30" we got.

But when I parked it out front and started shoveling the wife's escape out of her spot, a huge plow came down the street and took the whole front end of the zj out. Said he didn't see it there. Bumper, grill, headlights, core support. All busted up and in pieces laying on the ground in front of it. And the dick didn't have insurance, or valid insurance I should say. Ugh wtf.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We had 21 inches of snow total.. and why couldnt i get my Jeep stuck... I drove the 4.0 for hours in the blizzard, drove in unplowed neighborhoods, up hills down hills everywhere today, not lifted just A/T tires and i couldnt get stuck... i tried..

i guess i fail
Come to Florida we have places you can achieve this goal with no problem at all.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Almost got stuck in the mud yesterday. The snow is melting in the high desert and the place I went to is a gooey mess. I stepped out of the vehicle and the next thing you know I had about 6 lbs of mud on each boot. I guess it looks funny to watch someone trying to walk around like that because my wife was laughing pretty hard at me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not sure where you are in VA but we got over 36", plenty of places I couldn't go. I didn't get stuck, just couldn't go forward any further. Backed a long way out a back country gravel road. And then I broke an axle shaft trying to go over a plow ridge in town.

·
Banned
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure where you are in VA but we got over 36", plenty of places I couldn't go. I didn't get stuck, just couldn't go forward any further. Backed a long way out a back country gravel road. And then I broke an axle shaft trying to go over a plow ridge in town.
Yea the 4.0 when i backed out my parking spot the first time it poped the shifter linkage off i guess after i put it in drive.. so i was driving at like 3-4 pm yesturday when we had maybe 13 inches on the ground with no reverse or park and i didnt realize it until was in thier back neighborhood that wasnt plowed.. i tried to back up to turn around and i was like wtf.. so i had to drive in this persons yard almost to make a big circle turn and then drive up this steep unplowed hill and man i was crossing my finger hoping i wouldnt get stuck on that

Im in Woodbridge VA, you sure you got 36 inches ? it might have been snow drifts you measured. I made this thread while it was still snowing out.. But totals were 24 inches. Some of the drifts in my area were up to the top of peoples cars though lol.

My 5.9 did get stuck... My mom got it stuck.. she drove home from the hospital because i told her to just come home vs sleeping there another night.. and he doesnt know how to drive as good as me in the snow, and i didnt shovel the 5.9's parking spot purposely.. lol She drove really slow into the spot and got the Thing stuck because the snow was at the top of the bumper so it was pushing snow.. I had to go out and put it in 4low and dug some of the wheels out because they were slipping on the packed snow from the 4.0 being driven so many times.. Still couldnt get it out so i had to pop it in R and D and tap the gas and eventually it rocked itself out.. Then i backed up and got a running start and plowed through the snow in my parking spot and then then backed out again and ran over it one more time to pack it down lol.

I tell ya today when people came out to shovel and i drove my 5.9 out they put there shovels on the ground and looked at me in envy... It felt so good and when i plowed through headlight deep snow plow crap that blocked my neighborhood in people looked at me like WOW.. lol I wish i could have recorded it..

But i gatta say these Courserer AXT tires we just bought are kick ***.. snow didnt pack in them at all

My neighbor has a dodge nitro and a 2015 Grand cherokee.. and his wife... OMG i shook my head.. they dug their cars out today vs me who just drove over everything, and after they dug their Jeep out (mind you the road wasnt plowed fully and how like 4 inches of snow on the ground) she got in her Jeep and he told her to back out so they can dig the entire parking spot.. And she goes.. Im afraid.. i dont wanna get stuck.. and i just shook my head.. So she backs out.. and stop mid way and has like 4 feet left until the curb where the plow piled snow and so he told her to back up more.. and she goes foward lol to get some momentum and backs up again and then runs into the snow pile hahaa.. here are pics of my two Jeeps you can see the snow under my jeep that im draggin where the gas tank is.. And the other pic is their two cars.. thats how deep it was here.

Was talking to my other neighbor and mentioned how i drove in it all night and had a blast.. and hes a ford guy and buys nothing but ford.. and he got rid of his SUV for some small focus.. and he goes.. well the snow is fluffy and light thats why you couldnt get stuck.. Im like dude youre just jelous

·
Registered
186 Posts
Im in Woodbridge VA, you sure you got 36 inches ? it might have been snow drifts you measured. I made this thread while it was still snowing out.. But totals were 24 inches. Some of the drifts in my area were up to the top of peoples cars though lol.
I didn't measure it, got that number from the national weather service

http://www.loudounnow.com/2016/01/24/blizzard-2016-breaks-snowfall-record/

They show Round Hill at 36.3"

I didn't see Woodbridge in particular but Dale City (pretty close, right) was 26.3

And yes, the drifts were crazy in some places, easily over 5 feet. I have no idea how I am going to get my work trucks out of the shop, not even trying today.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Your pictures show why I bought a zj. I don't want to get stuck in snow and cold. Plus now I don't have to plow my ½ mile driveway which would take hours with my skid-loader. Luckily we did not get hit by this winter storm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.