Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
Rob,

I'm looking into hidden winch mounts and i haven't seen one as nice as yours. I want mine to be fairly similar meaning coming out in the bumper and not the lower facia or between the bumper and lower fascia. you mentioned you did some minor mods to to the RRO Hidden winch mount, what was it that you did? and do you have any pics of what you had to do?

Thanks!
For our year, 2014 (and probably 15 and 16) and using the RRO winch cradle...in order to get the fairlead centered horizontally in the bumper we had to raise it up almost 2.5". We did this by adding .250" plate with a new opening and mounting holes for the fairlead. You'll notice we also added some spacers to keep the bumper cover from "squishing" when the fairlead was tightened up.

Attachments

Fairlead

For our year, 2014 (and probably 15 and 16) and using the RRO winch cradle...in order to get the fairlead centered horizontally in the bumper we had to raise it up almost 2.5". We did this by adding .250" plate with a new opening and mounting holes for the fairlead. You'll notice we also added some spacers to keep the bumper cover from "squishing" when the fairlead was tightened up.
Thanks for that, also where did you get your fairlead and winch hook anchor?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
unclechubbs said:
Thanks for that, also where did you get your fairlead and winch hook anchor?
Fairlead came with the winch, but I modded it. The fairlead anchor is from Rubitrux, Maximus 3...which I also modified. I was gonna get some factor 55 stuff until I started messing around, lol

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Just got back from Jeep Beach in Daytona. This year we were on the other side of the fence, as a vendor...well, me as a client of God Speed Offroad. It was fun and a lot of work at the same time...setting up, breaking down but meeting and talking to a lot of new Jeoples.

Next few posts will be the updates we made for JB17.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #68 ·
One of the first things I did earlier this year was update the air compressor set-up...
1. New 444C stealth black Viair compressors, 200 PSI operating pressure. These are larger and when running are at a lower frequency, so they're actually quieter...BONUS!
2. All new poly line plumbing to replace the hardline copper. This helped reduce noise level as well.
3. Add distribution block for air chuck, pressure switch and 220 PSI pressure gauge
4. Move dryers to line-in side of air reservoir
5. Add check valves to line-out side so we can air up tires without deflating bags.
6. Add LED lighting and black out everything!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #69 ·
The most obvious change is the 2017 front bumper. I eye-balled a few '17 GC's at the local dealer lot and figured it should just bolt right up, and it does...with a couple caveats.
1. Headlights; our SRT8 units fit after removing the washer system.
2. Lower valence; the '14 support structure was a tight fit.
3. Reused our LED fog lamps/assembly.
4. Modified the fairlead mount (again) to center in the bumper.
5. Add ~1.5" to the front flares.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #70 ·
Next on my list of to do's was the suspension...
1. I was getting some chatter from my left front air strut so I replaced both of them with the idea that I will rebuild/modify the old ones, keep you posted.
2. Replaced the 1.75" RRO leveling kit spacers with the 2.5" RRO lift kit spacers.
3. Rebuilt the RRO upper control arms (because I had them out).
4. Replaced the rear Bilstein shocks with ICON Vehicle Dynamics units...BEEF!
5. Modified height sensors for increased range.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Next up was some lighting options...
1. Rugged Ridge LED pods and some Shield Productions hood brackets.
2. Rock light LED pods at each wheel.
3. LED strip light under each rocker as a courtesy light, when dome light comes on.
4. Contura V switches in a "factory" location.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Last on the list...wheels and tires.
1. Gunmetal grey to match the new front fascia accents...rear taillight and lift gates emblem also.
2. 20" wheel with 0 offset, versus the -12, pull the tires back in .5" even with our flares.
3. Tribute to the 'old school' GC
4. 35" BFG KO2's

Wheel is made by Klutch Offroad, the KT02 20x9 in gunmetal grey, 'street lock'. Center caps were custom made locally by Automods Sarasota.

Attachments

Question for you: with Quadralift you're limited to certain speeds at certain ride heights.. 25 for OR2 and 45 for OR1 or something like that. Do you have similar restrictions with your current setup? Or can you go rolling down the highway at your highest setting (despite the fact that it'd likely be very firm)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he has a custom controller which he can program how he wants. He is not using the MOPAR controller or software that is programmed for that feature.

Discussion starter · #80 ·
Question for you: with Quadralift you're limited to certain speeds at certain ride heights.. 25 for OR2 and 45 for OR1 or something like that. Do you have similar restrictions with your current setup? Or can you go rolling down the highway at your highest setting (despite the fact that it'd likely be very firm)?
ColdCase is correct, using Accuair eLevel we are not restricted by the vehicles computer with regards to speed and height. We could go rolling down the highway in setting 3, but it would not be the best idea. However, I've driven it in the highest setting around town at speeds in excess of 40-45 mph...no issue.

The main difference between our highest setting and QL's highest setting is although we may be at the same height, our bags are not inflated at the same pressure because we are using spacers (2.5" now) to gain height...we're running lower pressure which means a softer ride.

I hope this answers your question.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.