Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
is there good wheeling on Whidbey island? If there is and you guys go out some time would you mind if a couple of yj's from SW WA were to tag along? My wife is in love with Whidbey and I think this would be the perfect thing to get something we both want. haha.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mega-bump! I just got orders to Whidbey! Anyone still active in this group? I transfer in August and want to see some trails in them there mountains.

My 96 ZJ 4.0
5.5" IRO Critical Path on 33s, Ford 8.8 rear with the factory LSD, Superwinch 8500, and some other random armor and junk.

Can't wait to get out of Texas, though the rock crawling down here is superb

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
Mega-bump! I just got orders to Whidbey! Anyone still active in this group? I transfer in August and want to see some trails in them there mountains.

http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Deanswings/media/Tolar/PICT0107_zps987ef48f.jpg.html

My 96 ZJ 4.0
5.5" IRO Critical Path on 33s, Ford 8.8 rear with the factory LSD, Superwinch 8500, and some other random armor and junk.

Can't wait to get out of Texas, though the rock crawling down here is superb
I can show you around, I live in Mount Vernon which is close to the rock your going to!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I can show you around, I live in Mount Vernon which is close to the rock your going to!
Tight, thanks. You originally from WA?

·
Registered
970 Posts
yeah I have lived in the area for 5 years now but came from wenatchee wa!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Cool man. I was born in Tacoma but grew up in Wisconsin. Pumped to get up there. I do a lot of mountain biking too so I feel like I'm gonna be in heaven. There doesn't seem to be much of an offroading presence there though. Any local jeep clubs?

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
DeansWings said:
Cool man. I was born in Tacoma but grew up in Wisconsin. Pumped to get up there. I do a lot of mountain biking too so I feel like I'm gonna be in heaven. There doesn't seem to be much of an offroading presence there though. Any local jeep clubs?
There's tons of wheeling here haha, the is literally 6 orv parks all with in 5 hours from my place, and most navy guys are a part of Whidbey4x4!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well we just moved here. We are up by deception pass. My jeep is in need of work before she goes out again. I need adjustable rear control arms for the 8.8's longer pinion, and I have a bent control arm mount on the front axle that needs to be straightened. I think the ball joints are pretty chewed up as well. Anyone wanna help one weekend? I'll provide beer

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
Well we just moved here. We are up by deception pass. My jeep is in need of work before she goes out again. I need adjustable rear control arms for the 8.8's longer pinion, and I have a bent control arm mount on the front axle that needs to be straightened. I think the ball joints are pretty chewed up as well. Anyone wanna help one weekend? I'll provide beer
Sounds like a nice laundry list :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Had a busy weekend at 3000 acre offroad park before I left Texas

·
Registered
52 Posts
DeansWings said:
If you need help, gimme a holler. I live in Burlington, so I'm only about a half hour away if you need it

·
Registered
970 Posts
It'd be more about hanging out and drinking beer than actually needing help. But I'll let you know when I get started

·
Registered
970 Posts
Edit: I'm an idiot

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
DeansWings said:
ZJ. 5.5" long arm on 33s. Trussed 8.8 with limited slip rear. Lunchbox locker in the front. The more I upgrade the more I break
Haha I meant Kodak, I but on a real not I am down to hang on most Sundays that's if the wife and kids let me haha!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Haha I meant Kodak, I but on a real not I am down to hang on most Sundays that's if the wife and kids let me haha!

Yea I figured that right after I hit post. But I may get started next weekend. Looking at dropping the control arm and hammering the piss out of the mount.

From there I may decide to change ball joints but I have yet to determine if they are for sure the culprit of the noises I'm getting.

I'm getting a lot of harsh pops and clunks. I'm thinking the mismatched caster caused by the bent mount may be causing some binding on turns. Any thoughts?

·
GIVE IT THE ONION
6,451 Posts
DeansWings said:
Yea I figured that right after I hit post. But I may get started next weekend. Looking at dropping the control arm and hammering the piss out of the mount. From there I may decide to change ball joints but I have yet to determine if they are for sure the culprit of the noises I'm getting. I'm getting a lot of harsh pops and clunks. I'm thinking the mismatched caster caused by the bent mount may be causing some binding on turns. Any thoughts?
Could be bad cv axles/ujoints in the front axle!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.