Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I like my 1995 more than my 2000, quality seems a little better to me on the older one. I also prefer things top be lower tech and built more simple. Given how old all these vehicles are now they all will have similar problems. The biggest challenge is finding ones that are not rusted to bad. There's always the option of learning to weld and work sheet metal, than they all can be fixed.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have two XJ's and they are usually pretty simple to work on except for stuff in the engine bay can be a bit tedious at times with the 4.0L. The 2.5L has more room and not bad at all. There were a ton of them made over the years and there are still a lot of aftermarket parts available. I'll hopefully will be running mine for many years.

Fourspeedmans right, they are all going to be more than 20 years old. They all will have age problems unless someone has gone through and fixed everything already. If not plan on having to fix things regularly. Buy two then you'll have something to drive while your fixing the other one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts