Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I have wheeled all these. The only one that was disappointing was Tahuya. Use to have 20+ miles and slowly DNR shut down a little bit and then a little bit more and now it is more of a joke to say there is wheeling out there. Use to belong to the Quadrapaws 4x4 club upo there.

The rest are pretty good Minastash ridge was fun, as well as rimrock. great places to camp. head out on friday and drag you butt home on Sunday dog tired from wheeiling. fun times.

Best part is check with the Yakima county sheriff department for trail maps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! Just about 2 weeks ago now I bought my first Jeep. 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk V6. In my past I have done some offroading, nothing with crazy suspension torquing. Most recently last August I rented a Jeep and Jeep'd the Colorado Mountains. Was an amazing experience. http://mountainhighrentals.com/home/summer-pictures.php Now that I have my own Jeep I definitely want to do some offroading and possibly become part of a Jeep/offroad club. Don't know much about how to get started with all that. I'm not looking to get insanely crazy with my Jeep. Not much for crawling or extreme rock climbing as my Jeep is brand new and I am leasing it. I live near Greenlake about 10min north of Downtown Seattle, any good but a bit more mild trails in the area? Would be great to get into the loop with things and become part of the Jeep family. I'm also a bit of a photographer so definitely wanting cool places to shoot some pics!

Thanks Jay for all your posts.

- Walker

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
A great place for you to try would be Fortune creek/Van Epps pass. The trails are relative easy and awesome scenery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll look up that trail. I'm going near Curlew in a couple weeks I found a couple trails there I'm going to check out but no one online has done them that I can find... I'm not doing much modifying since I'm leasing although it would look sick with some 44's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone going to Fortune Creek or Van Epps this weekend?

First off, thanks for the detail on the local trails. Its Memorial Day Weekend and was wondering if anyone was going to be riding in the area? According to the USDA-FS website, it is open up to the snowline as of May 21, unless I am reading the site wrong. I am new to the area and want to make sure I don't go where I am not supposed to go yet. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=57513&actid=93. I am wanting to go on Sunday afternoon or Monday if anyone is interested. If this is truly not yet open, where else could I ride this weekend? I live in Issaquah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off, thanks for the detail on the local trails. Its Memorial Day Weekend and was wondering if anyone was going to be riding in the area? According to the USDA-FS website, it is open up to the snowline as of May 21, unless I am reading the site wrong. I am new to the area and want to make sure I don't go where I am not supposed to go yet. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=57513&actid=93. I am wanting to go on Sunday afternoon or Monday if anyone is interested. If this is truly not yet open, where else could I ride this weekend? I live in Issaquah.
I realize this reply may be a bit late, but I just joined the forum today...

That whole area doesn't have much snow left, hiked up to Gallaher Lake last weekend and only saw a few small patches of snow in the shady spots, so tear it up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this reply may be a bit late, but I just joined the forum today...

That whole area doesn't have much snow left, hiked up to Gallaher Lake last weekend and only saw a few small patches of snow in the shady spots, so tear it up!
Thanks for the reply Herb7. I did end up going for a short ride and never got as far as the snowline. Trails are in great shape at least 301 was for about 2 miles in. I want.to go back if anyone is planning a trip. Would be happy to meet up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone got any new photos of these areas? I would love to get out towards Naches in August. I'm on the western side.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I went up to ahtanum state park for a clean up with Eastern Washington Adventures. That place is AWESOME. It's a good thing that i went with someone who knows the area, cause I would have been totally lost otherwise. I didn't to many jeep trails there, but I hear it's got some gnarly ones. Also it's got Darland Peak which is supposedly the highest part of the state you can drive to. Well, 4x4 drive to anyhow. Don't expect to bring your Miata up there any time soon! I'm gonna see if this google maps thing works out. Here's directions from Ellensburg.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46.9711005,-120.5270337/46.5112166,-121.019711/@46.5141951,-121.0231689,1909m/data=!3m1!1e3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey y'all I'm looking for good places to wheel around Mt Baker. Been to Walker Valley ORV and had a good time but I'm looking for something a little more scenic and out of the way that could provide good camping. Anyone know of some good spots?

Koda

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im out of spokane I have a 99 tj sport on 33s and I'm looking for some good trails in eastern washington and north idaho id like to find some fellow jeepers who would want to go jeepin

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.