Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
WJ 4.7 HO my 2002
578 Posts
I also got mine off fleabay, $250 for a set of 4 with good tires, I sold those for $100. So $150 for a set and I was able to pick them up locally. I just bought a 5th one for a spare, paid $32 on fleabay AND the guy delivered it to my house!
I did a better thing: bought 4 complete tires for €250, sold tires for €140 (should be €150, but made a discount cause one was probably punctured), so at the end I got 4 rims for €110! :grin2::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Not all my Irish luck is good, trust me on that...

Reactions: Delta0

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe a stupid question here, but where do you fellas find all of these JK wheels? Because they do look kinda nice and yeah I could maybe use an extra 3/4" on the offset.
Craigslist and facebook marketplace. JK and JL wheel sets come up pretty often, you just have to check every back every now and then, great deals are still out there to be had. Bought a complete set of 5 with almost new rubber and barely used rims for $500 bucks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I took a look at FB Marketplace. Amazing, I found at least 3 sets not 20 minutes away, 2 with tires, all under $300. Oh well, too late for me, the ones I purchased will be here Monday. By Tuesday they'll be fitted with a set of Back Country AT 2's.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
To the OP...I have the same JK wheels as Cdee has, and have had to run wheel spacers to clear the rear shocks.( i have 1 1/2" wheel spacers now) The offset is more to the INSIDE of the wheel well on these JK wheels than the original wheels, thus the need for wheel spacers. I have one WJ in the family that does not use spacers on her wheels, but her tires do Rub a little bit on her rear shocks. (only when flexing the suspension)

·
Registered
699 Posts
No issues with jks on my wj. No spacers needed. (04 Columbia ed)

·
Registered
WJ 4.7 HO my 2002
578 Posts
The offset is more to the INSIDE of the wheel well on these JK wheels than the original wheels, thus the need for wheel spacers.
Reducing a positive offset has as result that tires go OUTSIDE; I can't understand why you solved your issue with spacers, but in my opinion for sure your issue was not due to the reduced positive offset from the OEM one

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have a set of 5 for sale right now for $100 on the local FB marketplace (the ones in my avatar)

I bought a set of 5 of the Gunmetal JK wheels.

I think GA is a bit far for you though.

The JK wheels look great, are low cost, and easy to find a replacement if you bang one up off road.

What's not to like?

What a delightful rig you have there CJ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks!

The trailer is still a work in progress as too many other things have taken priority.

I have gotten a little more done on it though.

Now it just needs the tongue box and build the side steps to be done.

Reactions: MountainRider

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Perhaps you should get back to to Paddyland more often cD.
I was born in the States, as well as mom. Her mom came here in the 20's from Dublin.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Reducing a positive offset has as result that tires go OUTSIDE; I can't understand why you solved your issue with spacers, but in my opinion for sure your issue was not due to the reduced positive offset from the OEM one
Not sure if we are saying the same thing in a different way or not. But MY jk wheels have MORE positive offset, than my original wheels. More positive offset sets the tires further inside my wheelwell, which brings them closer to my rear shocks. thus the need for wheel spacers that imitate a more NEGATIVE offset wheel, which brings my tires OUT of the wheel well. This gives me more room between my JK wheels and my rear shocks....

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Not sure if we are saying the same thing in a different way or not. But MY jk wheels have MORE positive offset, than my original wheels. More positive offset sets the tires further inside my wheelwell, which brings them closer to my rear shocks. thus the need for wheel spacers that imitate a more NEGATIVE offset wheel, which brings my tires OUT of the wheel well. This gives me more room between my JK wheels and my rear shocks....
I think Mak is saying the opposite to you BigR.

I think you are working on the idea that your new wheels are deeper dished than your old ones.
While Mak is working on the idea that your new wheels are less deeply dished than your old ones.

I think you are working on the idea that your new wheels have more positive offset than your old ones.
While Mak is working on the idea that your new wheels are less positive offset than your old ones.

I don't know about other people, but I find the terms "Positive / negative offset) a pain the anal orifice.
And I'm working in my own language.
Hence I fell back on the simpler, more inclusive term "Dished".

·
Registered
WJ 4.7 HO my 2002
578 Posts
I am referring to the picture at the post #8:

Reducing the offset value (in our case from +50.8 to +47) results in moving the wheel centerline outside the vehicle (note that the rim length is constant, and from 50 to 47 the mounting plate moves to the rim center line)

I don’t know why he had to add spacers, it’s like the rims he used had an offset greater than +50.8.
🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

Reducing the offset value (in our case from +50.8 to +47) results in moving the wheel centerline outside the vehicle (note that the rim length is constant, and from 50 to 47 the mounting plate moves to the rim center line)

I don’t know why he had to add spacers, it’s like the rims he used had an offset greater than +50.8.
🤷‍♂️
Thanks Mak.

I think that you put you case in terms

🤷‍♂️
Thanks, Mak.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts