Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if I can fit a set TACTIK Circle 8 Classic Wheel in 17x9 with 4.75in Backspace, and 245/65/R17 A/T tires.

Don't plan to lift and don't prefer any cutting. I am hoping everything should fit fine.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Looking to see if I can fit a set TACTIK Circle 8 Classic Wheel in 17x9 with 4.75in Backspace, and 245/65/R17 A/T tires.

Don't plan to lift and don't prefer any cutting. I am hoping everything should fit fine.
You're really pushing the edge of the tire out with that wheel. The stock wheel is 7.5" wide with 6.25" backspace, so from stock your wheel will move out 1.5" with bs + 1.5" in width. That's 3" Total , so if your on stock tires and rims now, measure out 3" and that where the edge of the tire will sit .

Probably not what you want , especially if your not going to a wider tire .

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, that is very helpful having the stock wheel specs. Yes I don't think that makes total sense pushing the Tire out that far. Do you have any suggestions as to better fitment to look for in terms of tire or wheel. I'm definitely new to this stuff and the forums have been very helpful. Just looking for some personalized advice.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Ah, that is very helpful having the stock wheel specs. Yes I don't think that makes total sense pushing the Tire out that far. Do you have any suggestions as to better fitment to look for in terms of tire or wheel. I'm definitely new to this stuff and the forums have been very helpful. Just looking for some personalized advice.
That same rim in a 7.5" or 8" width would be the same as a stock rim with a 1.5" or 2" wheel spacer.
245/65/17 is the stock tire size too, so you can definitely go bigger (wider and/or taller) with that setup if you wanted.

Check out the tire and wheel sticky thread for ideas.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/wk-xk-wheel-tire-picture-combination-thread-1246013/

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gocha, What I'm thinking about doing is just keeping the stock wheel (Ronin II) and putting on the 245/65/R17 A/T. The tires that are on now are 235/65/R17 all seasons. Do you think that fitment bump will be fine? Also considering the wheel spacers.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
You can fit that size on the stock wheel with no lift.
Could even go 245 70 17. I'm running that with about 1.5 inch of lift. Ran it with a 1/4 inch top plate (1/2 inch of lift) in the front. Basically just a leveling setup. But should fit with stock height too

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Gocha, What I'm thinking about doing is just keeping the stock wheel (Ronin II) and putting on the 245/65/R17 A/T. The tires that are on now are 235/65/R17 all seasons. Do you think that fitment bump will be fine? Also considering the wheel spacers.
For sure, you're good.. The 245/65 is the plus size stock from the factory.. Im running 245/70/17 on stock suspension, no lift, no spacers. Absolutely no rubbing anywhere. That's 1" taller then the 245/65 and 1.5" taller (total diameter) then what you're running now.
If you did run a spacer, you might want to go with a wider tire just to fill out the back looking profile . A 265/65 series is easily possible with a wheel spacer.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
A nice set up for a stock WK is a set of Bilstein 5100s which raise the front so its level and 245/70-17 tires which are 1" taller than stock. IMO how it should have come from the factory. Stock WK front is too low and stock shocks are too soft for any off road even mild!

· Registered
2,567 Posts
A nice set up for a stock WK is a set of Bilstein 5100s which raise the front so its level and 245/75-17 tires which are 1" taller than stock. IMO how it should have come from the factory. Stock WK front is too low and stock shocks are too soft for any off road even mild!
At 31.5" , 245/75/17 is a full 2" bigger then stock and 2.5" bigger then the OPs 235/65/17s . I know you're probably talking about 1" lift and you're right on about that set up ! , I just didn't want the OP to get confused on tire size.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
At 31.5" , 245/75/17 is a full 2" bigger then stock and 2.5" bigger then the OPs 235/65/17s . I know you're probably talking about 1" lift and you're right on about that set up ! , I just didn't want the OP to get confused on tire size.
You're right I meant to type 245/70-17, these will fit stock just fine and don't look too small if you level it either. 1" taller than OE...
First pic shows mine on the left with the 245/70-17s and 5100 vs stock, second pic shows it on the beach aired down to approx 12 psi.

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have an option to do stock Wrangler wheels 17X7.5 I imagine the 245/75/17 AT would fit fine with no rubbing. Let me know what you think.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
I also have an option to do stock Wrangler wheels 17X7.5 I imagine the 245/75/17 AT would fit fine with no rubbing. Let me know what you think.
Wrangler wheels are a little hit/miss. They have 1/2" less backspace which is good but some of them have less caliper clearance depending on which ones you actually get ( Sahara, rubicon etc) . You may have to shave your calipers a little or add another 1/4" spacer. With the 245/75, you also might have to trim your pinch weld and wheel well liner a little .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.