Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Tough call.

5 grand would do ALOT for a YJ.

New Jeep would last for a long time. But probably not get modded for a while.

Depends how much you like your YJ. If I had your option with my TJ, I would take the 5 grand.

If your YJ is kinda a crapper with cancer and it chokes when running id take the new wheels .

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
It's a test to see if you are worth a crap or not. Sure, you end up better off with a new Rubicon, it having more value, more reliability, capability, etc. BUT, and it's a big BUT, you would make your folks so much prouder by telling them that a young person such as yourself should not be taking advantage of his loving/giving patents by allowing them to buy you a brand new vehicle when the one you have just needs a few repairs here and there.

And that my friend, is the best answer. It's even better than cocaine.

You should also tell them after you finish college and get a good job working in the field you went to school for, you will have a greater appreciation and sense of accomplishment after having driven a beater Jeep for years and now can reward yourself by buying a new Jeep with your own money.
I'm happy I am not the only one who thinks this way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.