Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a small bracket on the drivers side door for I believe is the switch for the lights, etc. The bracket is cracked and I want to replace it, but I have no idea what it's called.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Tire Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2002 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee
1,884 Posts
It is a "door check" and pretty sure its only function is to stop the door from opening too far and damaging hinges and sheet metal, as might happen if the wind grabs it.

CHECK, Front Door
55135 590AC 1 Right
55135 591AC 1 Left

Junk yard would be a great place to source these, I am sure there are a million of them out there and probably very inexpensive.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
i would call it a ; door restraint arm. wonder if they sell that. you know it looks a lot like the one in a JK tail gate. Jk doors that is just a strap. If that one is hard to find maybe the part off a jk would fix that. just have to cut the rivet and new foot with a nut/bolt or get fancy make a rivet. might be able to weld it.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a small bracket on the drivers side door for I believe is the switch for the lights, etc. The bracket is cracked and I want to replace it, but I have no idea what it's called.

View attachment 4133096
Th
It is a "door check" and pretty sure its only function is to stop the door from opening too far and damaging hinges and sheet metal, as might happen if the wind grabs it.

CHECK, Front Door
55135 590AC 1 Right
55135 591AC 1 Left

Junk yard would be a great place to source these, I am sure there are a million of them out there and probably very inexpensive.
Yep, thank you, that's exactly what it's called. And yeah, it's a riveted pin. buggers. I'd just weld it if the ex didn't steal my welder. lol. But thank you!

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Th

Yep, thank you, that's exactly what it's called. And yeah, it's a riveted pin. buggers. I'd just weld it if the ex didn't steal my welder. lol. But thank you!
Would not be surprised if you could cobble something up from Home Depot

·
Registered
976 Posts
Found one on Rock Auto or E bay-cant remember but didn't last long-maybe 9 months before it broke again. Called a door check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts