Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To survive. To survive is the most basic, organic instinct of all creatures all over our planet. "It's science" right?

At what point are we do we ask ourselves if we are promoting the wrong things a little too much?

Footwear Fashion Entertainment Chair Stage

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Agreed, reproduction is the purpose. Religions and science alike teach that the purpose of every living thing is to further their species.

Surviving isn't the goal. The purpose of surviving is to reproduce.

Natural selection will always weed out the traits that prevent reproduction. Animals that can not survive long enough to reproduce due to a particular trait die and so does their trait. Albino animals will always be rare because their odds of survival are low and thus so are their odds of reproduction.

Now what is the party of science teaching forcing down your throat?

1. Homosexuality is normal.
2. Gender is fluid
3. Sex is fluid
4. Masculinity is bad
5. Being a mother is bad

Today, 21% (up 5% from 1 year ago) of 18-25 year olds identify as LGBTQ while only 4.0% of their parents generation do.
LGBT Identification in U.S. Ticks Up to 7.1% (gallup.com)

What math and science supports that? Gay people are outpacing straight people at having sex with the opposite gender...? Is that the argument? And how does that explain a 5% jump year over year?

Or is it more likely that these LGBTQ traits are learned? Now ask yourself why a certain party is trying to learn you so hard?

Are we promoting the wrong thing too much? Not if you ask a Democrat. They'll give you some BS anti science "logic", but not reveal their ulterior motive of population control and societal destruction.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Agreed, reproduction is the purpose. Religions and science alike teach that the purpose of every living thing is to further their species.

Surviving isn't the goal. The purpose of surviving is to reproduce.

Natural selection will always weed out the traits that prevent reproduction. Animals that can not survive long enough to reproduce due to a particular trait die and so does their trait. Albino animals will always be rare because their odds of survival are low and thus so are their odds of reproduction.

Now what is the party of science teaching forcing down your throat?
It's a self destructive process that's being played out now.

·
Registered
1998 Wrangler TJ
93 Posts
America…Home of the free…land of the brave.

Free to choose to home school the children
Brave enough to take them to Walmart…

Mother Nature never intended to ever have to ask the question: “what is your pronoun?”

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting question, certainly over the ages. I think the term 'basic' doesn't necessarily have to mean 'fundamental' in this case. Just because organic life can reproduce doesn't mean that is the main (fundamental) purpose. Plenty of things don't reproduce; either by choice or circumstances, that doesn't mean they lack fundamental purpose. If you really think about it, everything that exists, exists for something else. This helps that, which helps this, which helps that, etc... Pretty intricate ecosystem of life. One might even say the "created order" :)
Admitted, many folks ascribe survival as the driving force, but it fascinates us when we don't see that play out. Some people exist for other people's flourishing. Think of soldiers, or fireman/police, heck even motherhood! Their driving force is to save others at the expense of their own survival. Self-sacrificial love trumps self-survival as a higher purpose in my book.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
Interesting subject.

And since this is p R c, I'll throw in some R. 😁
First off, I am NOT religious. I do not use that term. But it may come as a shock to some of you, but I am a Christian believer... born again as a matter of fact. I do not aspire to any "religion" or church, I simply follow the New Testament scriptures and Christ Jesus. Much simpler and easier that way. One can argue that is 'still' a religion, semantics to me. For me it is a spiritual relationship, which leads to my answer of the topic. My 'purpose' in life is simply to share Christ with anyone who wants to listen... not shoving it down their throats. And in addition to that, be looking forward to eternity with Jesus/God. That's about it for me.
Sure, there is living life, reproducing, loving family, loving humanity (which is extremely hard, hehe) but the end game is eternity with Christ. It is also my belief according to scripture that ALL mankind will live forever. That is not something you'll hear in many churches. According to scripture, everyone has a spirit. If you believe that God created mankind, He gave all a spirit. That spirit is eternal. It is going to go somewhere, that somewhere is up to you. (yes, now I'm kinda preaching... so sue me. 😝) For me, I choose to put my faith in Christ Jesus. (this is where I would normally insert the emoji with the heaven halo... but stupid JF deleted all the good ones! 😡)

Edit; oh look, I didn't see this... 😇😇😇😇😇😇 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Vic Denim

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,768 Posts
According to scripture, everyone has a spirit. If you believe that God created mankind, He gave all a spirit. That spirit is eternal. It is going to go somewhere, that somewhere is up to you. (yes, now I'm kinda preaching... so sue me. 😝) For me, I choose to put my faith in Christ Jesus. (this is where I would normally insert the emoji with the heaven halo... but stupid JF deleted all the good ones! 😡)
I think the picture above is an indication of a lost or misguided spirit. No dad in the house among a flurry of other reasons, etc. Me not believing in heaven or hell I still have conservative Christian values. I also have nothing against what orientation someone wants to go. Gay couples have existed since forever. I grew up in LA so I'm open to it but the direction this country has taken is insane. Todays woke krap being shoved into society and especially our schools is a serious problem helping create all these misguided souls. No strong mom or dad at home to guide kids about traditional values that helps you grow up into a secure human being. Notice how when the war got started it got quiet for a minute? I think something big needs to/is going to happen that's gonna bring us all back to our basic survival instincts and you'll see how fast all these unicorn farts and fairy dust disappears.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
I think the picture above is an indication of a lost or misguided spirit. No dad in the house among a flurry of other reasons, etc. Me not believing in heaven or hell I still have conservative Christian values. I also have nothing against what orientation someone wants to go. Gay couples have existed since forever. I grew up in LA so I'm open to it but the direction this country has taken is insane. Todays woke krap being shoved into society and especially our schools is a serious problem helping create all these misguided souls. No strong mom or dad at home to guide kids about traditional values that helps you grow up into a secure human being. Notice how when the war got started it got quiet for a minute? I think something big needs to/is going to happen that's gonna bring us all back to our basic survival instincts and you'll see how fast all these unicorn farts and fairy dust disappears.
I'm well aware my post could open a can of worms (no pun intended) to some, but I'm ok with that. But I'm not really sure I get your gist? You made several different points. Care to elaborate? Not really sure what gay couples have to do with my post, but again, you made several other points. I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
1994 YJ and a 92 XJ
1,768 Posts
I'm well aware my post could open a can of worms (no pun intended) to some, but I'm ok with that. But I'm not really sure I get your gist? You made several different points. Care to elaborate? Not really sure what gay couples have to do with my post, but again, you made several other points. I'm curious.
I guess I quoted you because of the God/spirit thing. I wasn't referring to anything you were specifically saying so that may have been a misstep. The gay couple thing was more reference to the initial picture of the original post.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Interesting subject.

And since this is p R c, I'll throw in some R. 😁
First off, I am NOT religious. I do not use that term. But it may come as a shock to some of you, but I am a Christian believer... born again as a matter of fact. I do not aspire to any "religion" or church, I simply follow the New Testament scriptures and Christ Jesus. Much simpler and easier that way. One can argue that is 'still' a religion, semantics to me. For me it is a spiritual relationship, which leads to my answer of the topic. My 'purpose' in life is simply to share Christ with anyone who wants to listen... not shoving it down their throats. And in addition to that, be looking forward to eternity with Jesus/God. That's about it for me.
Sure, there is living life, reproducing, loving family, loving humanity (which is extremely hard, hehe) but the end game is eternity with Christ. It is also my belief according to scripture that ALL mankind will live forever. That is not something you'll hear in many churches. According to scripture, everyone has a spirit. If you believe that God created mankind, He gave all a spirit. That spirit is eternal. It is going to go somewhere, that somewhere is up to you. (yes, now I'm kinda preaching... so sue me. 😝) For me, I choose to put my faith in Christ Jesus. (this is where I would normally insert the emoji with the heaven halo... but stupid JF deleted all the good ones! 😡)
Oh good lord.........LOL or a dancing pickel would be called for here!!!

Im with you rock, they screwed up with these emojis.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Interesting question, certainly over the ages. I think the term 'basic' doesn't necessarily have to mean 'fundamental' in this case. Just because organic life can reproduce doesn't mean that is the main (fundamental) purpose. Plenty of things don't reproduce; either by choice or circumstances, that doesn't mean they lack fundamental purpose. If you really think about it, everything that exists, exists for something else. This helps that, which helps this, which helps that, etc... Pretty intricate ecosystem of life. One might even say the "created order" :)
Admitted, many folks ascribe survival as the driving force, but it fascinates us when we don't see that play out. Some people exist for other people's flourishing. Think of soldiers, or fireman/police, heck even motherhood! Their driving force is to save others at the expense of their own survival. Self-sacrificial love trumps self-survival as a higher purpose in my book.
Which species don't reproduce? Some bred animals don't reproduce, and some types within a species don't (worker bees).

I agree that everything exists for something else. To clarify my statement, the most basic purpose of life is to reproduce as a species. Of course individual people and animals have a purpose outside of reproduction. But a species as a whole does not have a purpose outside of reproduction.

I also agree that it's a delicate balance. We exist in an ecosystem. Over reproduction can have negative effects.

But in the context of a man in a dress likely making arguments from science and biology, there's nothing from either of those 2 things that supports the 5 things I listed in a prior post within animals. These are not useful traits for furthering a species through reproduction so they don't exist. These people aren't "following the science".

This is simply an exercise in science and math for me. I am not arguing the morality of LGBTQ people or the choice to reproduce.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
I guess I quoted you because of the God/spirit thing. I wasn't referring to anything you were specifically saying so that may have been a misstep. The gay couple thing was more reference to the initial picture of the original post.
K, cool. But just to clarify for anyone... what I was saying, " according to scriptures, i.e., the Bible". If someone doesn't believe in the Bible, which I'm sure there are many, that's fine with me. 🍻
But the original topic of basic purpose of life... survival and other things certainly are in the equation. For me, as in my first post, it is much deeper than that. my $.o2
The stupid guy in the dress IMHO is just another example of misguided thinking in a misguided world these days. If that guy wants to fight back... maybe, he should go to Ukraine! 😜

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Consider how perfectly that Darwin Awards photo symbolizes both the Democrats and the RINOs.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge human nature in the pursuit of politics should be disqualified from being appointed to the Supreme Court :

Reactions: 97Mule and RockWoRM

·
Registered
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
110 Posts
Equal rights doesn't mean you get less rights.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts