Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this frame yesterday. I was told it was a CJ5, he thought it was a 73 but from what I can tell it is pre 71, Wheelbase is 81". I would like to start with what do I really have so I can try to figure out what I am going to do with it. The frame is rock solid, hell of a lot better then my TJ. Any info would be great and any suggestions on what route I should take to make it whole. I would like to lift it with at least 35" tires and maybe a V8 of some sort. But if the frame is not up to the task or if is best to restore it back to a more original state that is an option too. I got it cheap and just want to have fun with it with the family. Thanks Steve
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Plant Motor vehicle Wood Grass Gas
Plant Green Wood Automotive tire Grass
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are suppose to. I know the steering works well enough to move it around the yard. The brakes and lines are all new, so I am told but I can't get the pedal to go down, I have not looked into the master cylinder yet. Not sure about the gears I have not try anything with them yet other than moving one of the transfer from natural to in gear.

Is there a section here that gives a year by year info on what these should have. The TJ section has one. Stock TJ Specifications I didn't see one here in the CJ section.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where would I find a frame number? If it is an original frame? The guy that sold it to me said he took the 4 cylinder engine out but did tell me anything about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found number just forward of the passenger firewall 84600 or 84680 or 84690. It's getting to dark to really see it and the flashlight is giving off to much of a glare.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts