Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on all par that fiat is experimentating with a diesel model for 2012.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had one for just over a year and put about 35000 miles on it. It was my first diesel, and it's absolutely fine. A bit rattly at start up when cold (as most diesels are), fine when warmed up. With the auto transmission it sits at 70mph on the motorway at 1800RPM, giving around 33mpg (stock). Since I added 33x12.50x15's and a 2" lift it gives 25mpg at 70mph, around 30mpg at 55mph.

It's used no oil and had no issues whatsoever. I run regular (standard) diesel and regularly mix "Redex" in with the fuel to keep the system clean. I don't get any smoke from the exhaust, even when ragging it, so I guess the Redex does it's job.

Off road is an even better story, since all the grunt is at the bottom-end. Bags of torque = lots of fun!

·
Banned
2,692 Posts
I've had one for just over a year and put about 35000 miles on it. It was my first diesel, and it's absolutely fine. A bit rattly at start up when cold (as most diesels are), fine when warmed up. With the auto transmission it sits at 70mph on the motorway at 1800RPM, giving around 33mpg (stock). Since I added 33x12.50x15's and a 2" lift it gives 25mpg at 70mph, around 30mpg at 55mph.

It's used no oil and had no issues whatsoever. I run regular (standard) diesel and regularly mix "Redex" in with the fuel to keep the system clean. I don't get any smoke from the exhaust, even when ragging it, so I guess the Redex does it's job.

Off road is an even better story, since all the grunt is at the bottom-end. Bags of torque = lots of fun!
What axles do they run in the deasels? Same as the gas motors?

·
Banned
2,692 Posts
I think so, but not exactly sure. In keeping with the posts above... "I can post pictures of my underside if you'd like that"... :)
That would be awesome... Post pics of the motor too! :thumbsup:

Can you post them directly from your computer instead of Photobucket so I can see them on my GOV computer? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think so, but not exactly sure. In keeping with the posts above... "I can post pictures of my underside if you'd like that"... :)
Yes please ......... engine as well . We almost never get to see them .
Are there any up-grades you can do to the oil burner ? Local after market parts over there ?
Thanks Lad .........:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
983 Posts
:drool: mmmmm diesel

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes please ......... engine as well . We almost never get to see them .
Are there any up-grades you can do to the oil burner ? Local after market parts over there ?
Thanks Lad .........:cheers::wave:
Dark here now but I'll post some pics in the morning chaps.

As far as I know there are no upgrades or mods you can perform to the diesel engine, certainly not commonly available.

Bear in mind too that Wranglers over here are very rare. I often drive 300 miles in a day with work, maybe see another Wrangler in a month if I'm lucky :(

But I always wave :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wasn't Asking if you had a jeep . I was lurking around on allpar and saw a paragraph that stated jeep was experimenting with the idea of a.2012 release of a diesel jeep and what did you guys think about the idea Of jeep making one.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.