Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
101 - 120 of 54537 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
well last night went and tested out the new front locker n rear super 35 kit needless to say i first crushed my exhaust backing up on a rock after that i dented my rear drive shaft about an hour later going up a hill it twisted like a pretzel ten somehow the bushing to my xcase linkage split and poped out so i was stuck in 4high today i went and got another spare driveshaft since my spare is now my main also got a set of driving lights off a riced up wrecked talon and got new xcase linkage now tomorrow i got to go buy a new tail pipe and cut it up to work with my rear long arm ill post pics of shaft and exhaust n lights tomorrow

·
Registered
214 Posts
So ... What do you think? I'm tempted by this to see if I can get a little better burn of my fuel.

Those stickers ^ are great. I really like em
It kinda ran bad at first but I drove home from work and ECM started to do it's thing and it's runs smoother and quieter it's still has a little rough idle but it seems to be getting better hopefully when I get the screamin demon coil it will help I'm drive to TX in 6 hours so it should self adjust on my trip I got 14 to 14.6 when I went last week we'll see what it does tomorrow

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
well last night went and tested out the new front locker n rear super 35 kit needless to say i first crushed my exhaust backing up on a rock after that i dented my rear drive shaft about an hour later going up a hill it twisted like a pretzel ten somehow the bushing to my xcase linkage split and poped out so i was stuck in 4high today i went and got another spare driveshaft since my spare is now my main also got a set of driving lights off a riced up wrecked talon and got new xcase linkage now tomorrow i got to go buy a new tail pipe and cut it up to work with my rear long arm ill post pics of shaft and exhaust n lights tomorrow
OUCH! At least your locker works though eh! :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
replace rear differential cover gasket, and replace rear pinion seal, but not before my E brake suffering a catastrophic failure and my jeep running me over as soon as i popped off the drive shaft, luckily all is well as my arm is severly bruised as is my ego haha

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
replace rear differential cover gasket, and replace rear pinion seal, but not before my E brake suffering a catastrophic failure and my jeep running me over as soon as i popped off the drive shaft, luckily all is well as my arm is severly bruised as is my ego haha
chock your wheels. chock your wheels. chock your wheels. cant be said enough. dont make the same mistake next time you could get seriously hurt

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ya, I put a block of wood behind the tires for that very reason. How did it feel? LOL

·
Banned
3,268 Posts
LUCKY it was just your arm dude

On topic, I drove 80mph deathwobble freeee, thanks to finally getting around to replace a FUBAR'd lower CA bushing

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Got it aligned after the LCA swap. Drives like a dream now. Of course, now that my front LCA bushings aren't fubar, it follows the crowing in the road like crazy. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to take a road course with only mild turns, and between banking the road and a series of carefully placed dips, get a ZJ to follow the course on its own with the cruise control set and no driver input at all. The steering on the highway is definitely better though, and between that and the new tires, no more 50mph shimmy.

·
Banned
3,268 Posts
Got it aligned after the LCA swap. Drives like a dream now. Of course, now that my front LCA bushings aren't fubar, it follows the crowing in the road like crazy. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to take a road course with only mild turns, and between banking the road and a series of carefully placed dips, get a ZJ to follow the course on its own with the cruise control set and no driver input at all. The steering on the highway is definitely better though, and between that and the new tires, no more 50mph shimmy.
Make sure to bring the video camera :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
well i finished up the trans cooler line replacement ive been putting off. drove it to the oreillys to get a quart of ATF+4 and decided to get a new power steering pump. mine suffers from bad bearings so its time to replace. went for new since this is a common prob, and i dont want to do this again

·
Registered
214 Posts
well no real improvement in mpg with the new injectors. only improvements it seems to run smoother going down the road and it seems quiter but it still has i slightly rough idle and a little stumble off idle. i put over 500 miles on yesterday. putting a new radiator in tomorrow and luvering the hood just changed the oil

·
Registered
147 Posts
heres damage from tuesday night

·
Registered
147 Posts
installed some driving lights

101 - 120 of 54537 Posts